Help me please

Old May 8th 2005, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light
Default Help me please

We're planning a trip to Oz in early June but i have a bit of a dilemma.

We don't know where we want to settle when we move in 18 months (approx) time. So we want to make the best of the trip.

We like the look of Brisbane or Adelaide. But we also like the look of Perth. It's gonna be hard to check out all three during the trip. We were thinking of flying to Sydney and checking out Brisbane and Adelaide, but it would be doubtful if we could see Perth as well because it's so far away, unless we flew.

What would be the best option to check out all three cities. We have 2 weeks to do it and are flying from Glasgow. :scared:

Has anybody done anything similar recently?
Old May 8th 2005, 7:24 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help me please

Originally Posted by Australia Bound

We don't know where we want to settle when we move in 18 months (approx) time. So we want to make the best of the trip.

We like the look of Brisbane or Adelaide. But we also like the look of Perth. It's gonna be hard to check out all three during the trip. We were thinking of flying to Sydney and checking out Brisbane and Adelaide, but it would be doubtful if we could see Perth as well because it's so far away, unless we flew.

What would be the best option to check out all three cities. We have 2 weeks to do it and are flying from Glasgow. :scared:

Has anybody done anything similar recently?
Do you have family or friends in Sydney? I would fly to Perth go on to Adelaide then on to Brisbane, fly out of Brisbane back to Glasgow. Spend 3 or 4 days in each. 2 weeks is not very long, but, you will probably have an idea of what the areas are like. I hope it helps.
Jim
Old May 8th 2005, 7:29 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Do you have family or friends in Sydney? I would fly to Perth go on to Adelaide then on to Brisbane, fly out of Brisbane back to Glasgow. Spend 3 or 4 days in each. 2 weeks is not very long, but, you will probably have an idea of what the areas are like. I hope it helps.
Jim
Sounds like the best way to do it, I did into perth flew with virgn blue to sydney and then straight back to uk from there last time.
Old May 8th 2005, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light

No family unfortunately. I see the logic in flying from place to place but how do you sort out all the flights? I mean, doesn't it cost a lot to fly from the UK to one city and come back from another?
Old May 8th 2005, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Sounds like the best way to do it, I did into perth flew with virgn blue to sydney and then straight back to uk from there last time.
So you flew from UK to Perth then Perth to Sydney and Sydney to UK?

How did you organise all that?
Old May 8th 2005, 7:37 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

No family unfortunately. I see the logic in flying from place to place but how do you sort out all the flights? I mean, doesn't it cost a lot to fly from the UK to one city and come back from another?

I think it would yes. You may have to sacrifice a city, but, you could shop around and see what the travel agents can offer.
Jim
Old May 8th 2005, 7:37 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Also consider that it's going to be the middle of winter, when southern Australia is not at its best. It's not just the cooler weather, but the short days (sun dipping low by 3pm and dark around 5pm).

Jeremy
Old May 8th 2005, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Also consider that it's going to be the middle of winter, when southern Australia is not at its best. It's not just the cooler weather, but the short days (sun dipping low by 3pm and dark around 5pm).

Jeremy

I'm worried about that as well. I'd hate for the winter to influence my decision to move. Great weather isn't hugely important to me but this is the first time i'm gonna see Oz and it's gonna be stressful, that on top of miserable weather. I'd love to see Oz at it's best and I'd hate for all that to put me off. Know what i mean?
Old May 8th 2005, 7:45 pm

So you flew from UK to Perth then Perth to Sydney and Sydney to UK?

How did you organise all that?
Just rang austravel told them my dates i could fly and how long i wanted to be in oz. Said i wanted to fly in to perth and out of syndey and they booked it for me .
It was that easy.
Then i went on line with http://www.virginblue.com.au/ and booked my internal flight just like with easyjet.
They are a good airline in my experiance
Old May 8th 2005, 7:52 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Help me please

Just rang austravel told them my dates i could fly and how long i wanted to be in oz. Said i wanted to fly in to perth and out of syndey and they booked it for me .
It was that easy.
Then i went on line with http://www.virginblue.com.au/ and booked my internal flight just like with easyjet.
They are a good airline in my experiance
Just out of curiousity, how much is the internal flight?

I lived in the USA for a bit and internal flights were as cheap as anything so I was just wandering if Oz is the same or not.

I have heard things like its quite expensive as there are only two airlines doing internal flights etc but not sure if thats true or not!

TIA,

R.
Old May 8th 2005, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Carruss
Just out of curiousity, how much is the internal flight?

I lived in the USA for a bit and internal flights were as cheap as anything so I was just wandering if Oz is the same or not.

I have heard things like its quite expensive as there are only two airlines doing internal flights etc but not sure if thats true or not!

TIA,

R.
I paid A$200 perth-sydney one way but if theres a sale on you could get it for as little as A$99! do flight search but its worth checking on a regular basis .
Old May 8th 2005, 8:03 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Help me please

I paid A$200 perth-sydney one way but if theres a sale on you could get it for as little as A$99! do flight search but its worth checking on a regular basis .
Thanks for that, much appreciated. Thats a lot better than we had been told as we were talking about it the other day.

Just shows you cant believe everything people tell you eh!

R.