Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP - LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE

HELP - LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE

Old Jul 3rd 2008, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP - LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE

What about looking at cheap airfeight options for your extra suitcases? It's what quite a few of my mates did when their contracts have been up and they've moved on.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

haven't seen any cheap airfreight - seems to be around £150 for a suitcase.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 12:22 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yanchep
Apparently it is up to the specific airline whether they allow you extra luggage and even then they are not consistent.
The airlines that are giving people double baggage allowance are doing them a favour - it's only right that they have rules to govern it i.e. the unvalidated PR visa rule. After all, they're allowing people to buy the cheapest fare they can find and take the same amount of baggage as a first class passenger who's paid thousands of pounds for the ticket.

I think if the airline is prepared to carry your excess baggage for free then great, otherwise, you need to factor in the cost of shipping / paying for excess into your moving plans.

I do agree that the airlines could do a better job of educating staff about these rules however.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:53 pm
nail banger

ivanjjordan will become famous soon enoughivanjjordan will become famous soon enough

they could give 5ft legroom as well I think they should be more clear a lot of people will have to validate there visas and come back because of lack of funds ie sale of house