Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help- lost the plot

Help- lost the plot

Old Oct 11th 2003, 10:04 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Help- lost the plot

A while ago I foound a web site (by luck not judgement) that forwarded your e-mails to you on change of e-mail address (like Post office forwarding) as we are changing from AOL I need to find ti again t organise it and I can't does anyone know which site it was Please Please let me know as I need to do something quick.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 12:05 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I use www.freeparking.co.uk

You buy a domain name and e-mail for that domain is forwarded to wherever you are.

If your e-mail is [email protected] then yourisp has to do the forwarding. If it is [email protected] then someone has your domain name and they can administer the forwarding.

To find the server you domain is set up on try www.demon.net/extrernal . A very useful web page for examining DNS information.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 10:14 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by bondipom

You buy a domain name and e-mail for that domain is forwarded to wherever you are.

If your e-mail is [email protected] then yourisp has to do the forwarding. If it is [email protected] then someone has your domain name and they can administer the forwarding.

To find the server you domain is set up on try www.demon.net/extrernal . A very useful web page for examining DNS information.

Thanks for that Bondipon but the one I was looking for did not need you to buy a name or do anything really except give them your old e-mail and your new one - I think they hoped you would join their hot mail programme but I do not think it was obligatory Anyone else have any ideas please?
Old Oct 13th 2003, 11:30 am
too busy to work members

I'm made of rubber
Old Oct 13th 2003, 11:34 am

Originally posted by yafm
Thanks for that Bondipon but the one I was looking for did not need you to buy a name or do anything really except give them your old e-mail and your new one - I think they hoped you would join their hot mail programme but I do not think it was obligatory Anyone else have any ideas please?
If you don't close your account you can carry on picking up the e-mail and just add your new ISPs POP3 server and smtp server. Will you be closing your current ISPs account?
Old Oct 13th 2003, 11:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can't find it Yvonne, though I've tried! Would be handy as Ihave to change from BT. If I come across it, I'll let you know.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 11:49 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

i've got to agree with bondi here, this is the best way to go. I have my own domain which i can forward or transfer to anywhere.

If you use aol's email account (eg [email protected]) and you close that account you will loose the email address and therefore the ability to forward it anywhere. If you keep your aol account open you don't need to forward the email anywhere and can just carry on as normal. The only thing you'd need to change is the outgoing (smtp) server, which will need to be changed to your new ISP's SMTP server.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 5:33 pm
too busy to work members

If you don't close your account you can carry on picking up the e-mail and just add your new ISPs POP3 server and smtp server. Will you be closing your current ISPs account?

It is a bit pointless surely to carry on payin g £15 per month for an AOL account whcih in australia will not gige me free phone calls and unlimited downloads and hours on the net. They are ;limited to 90 hours and etc. I don't want to pay for two suppliers Eventually I woill advise ervyone of our new e-mail names but in the meantime I need to find the site that I came across before to forward (free) the mail to the new number.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 6:48 pm
Triple Expat!

JimInSomerset is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - First post here.
I use www.bigfoot.com which I think will do what you're looking for.

Good Luck

Jim

Last edited by JimInSomerset; Oct 13th 2003 at 6:55 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point

We've opened a hotmail account to get round this problem. But does anyone know if we can check BT e-mails from oz, by logging onto their site? I meant to check when we were there and forgot!

Dawn
Old Oct 13th 2003, 9:12 pm

Originally posted by Prestons
We've opened a hotmail account to get round this problem. But does anyone know if we can check BT e-mails from oz, by logging onto their site? I meant to check when we were there and forgot!

Dawn
As long as BT have not closed your account on their pop3 server. If your ISP has closed your account your e-mail cannot be picked up.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 9:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You can as long as you still have your BT internet account with them; same with onetel and other similar ones. However, once you close the account, you can't access the email address.

(Sorry Bondipom - great minds thinking alike again!)
Old Oct 14th 2003, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Bondipom and Pollyanna - because we don't have a BT line now, we have an account with BT where we have to pay a pound a month or something stupid like that. I'll keep that going for a while after we leave.

Thanks again
Dawn
Old Oct 14th 2003, 7:03 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Email

When I'm out and about and away from my PC I use this website to pick up my emails:

http://www.mail2web.com

Might be of some help ....

Best regards.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 12:04 pm
too busy to work members

Default Re: Email

Originally posted by Alan Collett
When I'm out and about and away from my PC I use this website to pick up my emails:

http://www.mail2web.com

Might be of some help ....

Best regards.

Hi Alan that sounded good so I tried and have been told that AOL is not compatible?????????????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.