Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help - looking for rental accommodation in Brisbane

Help - looking for rental accommodation in Brisbane

Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold
Smile Help - looking for rental accommodation in Brisbane

Hi all

Have arrived in Brisbane and am struggling to get to grips with how to find rental accommdation (1 bed - unfurnished - 6 month lease) in Brisbane. Anyone got any ideas. I went to Redcliffe yesterday (stunning) and there were loads of estate agents) but walking around the city I have yet to stumble across one. I am staying in a backpackers at the moment but would like to get my own space asap.

Thanks

Sue
Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:33 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help - looking for rental accommodation in Brisbane

Originally Posted by suebrennan
Hi all

Have arrived in Brisbane and am struggling to get to grips with how to find rental accommdation (1 bed - unfurnished - 6 month lease) in Brisbane. Anyone got any ideas. I went to Redcliffe yesterday (stunning) and there were loads of estate agents) but walking around the city I have yet to stumble across one. I am staying in a backpackers at the moment but would like to get my own space asap.

Thanks

Sue
Have you looked at www.realestate.com.au ? If that doesn't help, buy the Courier Mail on Saturday.

Jane
Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:37 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

You won't find many if any Real Estate Agents in the CBD. A Jane suggested, realestate.com.au is the way to go.

Do you know where you want to live?
Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Help - looking for rental accommodation in Brisbane

Originally Posted by jayr
You won't find many if any Real Estate Agents in the CBD. A Jane suggested, realestate.com.au is the way to go.

Do you know where you want to live?
Well would love to live as close to the city as possible - if that is not then I will have to do some exporing further out but anywhere that is close to a railway station and is in an okay area would be a good start.

Thanks for your replies.

Sue
Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
Have you looked at www.realestate.com.au ? If that doesn't help, buy the Courier Mail on Saturday.

Jane
Just had a look at last weekends and there was zilch which is why I jumped on the good old forum. Love the bits of the city I have seen so far so would love to live here at least for a while. When it comes to buying - well that will be a whole different ball game.

Sue
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:03 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I know the west beteer than the rest of Brisbane and you might find places like Paddington, Milton and Toowong worth looking at. Also, take a look at New Farm. All these suburbs are more 'urban' than suburban if you know what I mean. I get the impression from your earlier reply that Redcliffe may not suit you.

www.ourbrisbane.com is a good source of suburb info and high quality maps.

The Saturday Courier Mail doesn't carrry many rental properites. How much would you be willing to spend each week on rental?
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Gill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant future

We used www.realestate.com.au its a good place to start. You can then get the real estate agents web site in the area you want and look there, as they sometimes have stuff that's not on realestate.com
Hi all

Thanks

Sue
Old Jul 26th 2006, 8:14 am
CJN
Forum Regular

CJN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gill C
We used www.realestate.com.au its a good place to start. You can then get the real estate agents web site in the area you want and look there, as they sometimes have stuff that's not on realestate.com
try www.seqrents.com.au or just walk into the ground floor offices of any apartment blocks as there are usually on site managers that know what is available
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

Thanks

Sue
hi sue,

may i ask how you found out about the backpackers places? are their any websites?

also, do you recommend the one you are in now? planning to be in brissy by Oct.

thanks!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by obiwan
hi sue,

may i ask how you found out about the backpackers places? are their any websites?

also, do you recommend the one you are in now? planning to be in brissy by Oct.

thanks!
There are loads in Brissie and there is a cluster around Roma Street. Have a look at the Lonely Planet on Queensland. I am staying at a YHA - it is okay - I have stayed in better and worse hostels - handy location and a fairly good restaurant - fine for a week or two. You can book on the net - google hostelling international. Suggest you book for at least a couple of nights before you arrive as it is not much fun trudging around with loads of luggage especially as Brissie can be hilly in places.

Any problems pm me

Sue
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

There are loads in Brissie and there is a cluster around Roma Street. Have a look at the Lonely Planet on Queensland. I am staying at a YHA - it is okay - I have stayed in better and worse hostels - handy location and a fairly good restaurant - fine for a week or two. You can book on the net - google hostelling international. Suggest you book for at least a couple of nights before you arrive as it is not much fun trudging around with loads of luggage especially as Brissie can be hilly in places.

Any problems pm me

Sue
Thanks Sue,

let us know how things go when you get to transfer to a new place....
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

hey sue,

there's an LJ hooker in southbank and loads of 1bed'ers round southbank and kangaroo point as well. also another LJ Hooker in kangaroo point (which is our rental agent)

there's also a heap of them in balmoral/bulimba on oxford street and a couple on riding road (balmoral)

we're in the gabba.... just shout if you need anything else!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Loads of real estate agents in West End, just go in one after the other.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
Loads of real estate agents in West End, just go in one after the other.
Thanks guys. Getting the hang of it - realestate.com plus the fun in booking 10 minute viewing slots not to mention application forms - seems to be very little by way of 1 beds and if I am going to pay $300 per week I am going to live somewhere VERY nice!

Will keep you posted and thank you all yet again - this forum rocks!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 11:11 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. Getting the hang of it - realestate.com plus the fun in booking 10 minute viewing slots not to mention application forms - seems to be very little by way of 1 beds and if I am going to pay $300 per week I am going to live somewhere VERY nice!

Will keep you posted and thank you all yet again - this forum rocks!
Hi Sue,

If you're willing to pay that much, there are some new apartments in the CBD renting for $285. Have a look at www.festivaltowers.com.au . I saw an advert in magazine and thought of you.

Jane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.