Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help! Know anyone in Karratha, W.A.?

Help! Know anyone in Karratha, W.A.?

Old Jan 5th 2004, 8:26 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default Help! Know anyone in Karratha, W.A.?

Hiya,

I'm trying to find someone as a favour for an auntie. A long lost friend (an expat) - last known location in Karratha, W.Australia.
If you know anyone in that area who might have a clue as to how I could start looking, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers!

W.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 8:28 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Try www.whitepages.com.au .
Old Jan 5th 2004, 8:32 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Hiya!

Already tried that. Got a looooong list. I had a look at the population of the area, and it doesnt seem to be that dense. Was hoping for a small miracle that someone might be able to help me narrow it down a bit. After all - how many Brits can there be in a population of 10,000?
Its a small world - you never know who might know who....

Thanks tho!

W.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 8:33 am
owieb

Originally posted by Wanderlust
After all - how many Brits can there be in a population of 10,000?
In Perth, about 9,999 would be brits!

Old Jan 5th 2004, 8:37 am

Hiya!

Already tried that. Got a looooong list. I had a look at the population of the area, and it doesnt seem to be that dense. Was hoping for a small miracle that someone might be able to help me narrow it down a bit. After all - how many Brits can there be in a population of 10,000?
Its a small world - you never know who might know who....

Thanks tho!

W.
Are you sure they are still there? The place is a mining town that was built in the seventies. Companies pay good benefits to move to places like that for a reason.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 10:09 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

I have no idea. The bloke Im looking for is a long lost friend of an Aunt of mine. She has tried all she can to locate him, and asked me if I knew of any way to trace someone in Oz. I thought of you guys. No harm in trying eh?

W.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 12:00 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no idea. The bloke Im looking for is a long lost friend of an Aunt of mine. She has tried all she can to locate him, and asked me if I knew of any way to trace someone in Oz. I thought of you guys. No harm in trying eh?

W.
You could look into placing an advert in the West Australian. Or take a look at www.friendsreunited.co.uk it may be he has kept in contact with some old school friends.

Last edited by Jirrupin; Jan 5th 2004 at 12:03 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

OK, I know someone in Karratha. One's Australian and knows everyone. The other's English and has lived there 7 years. Give us a clue, who exactly are we looking for?
Old Jan 5th 2004, 7:20 pm

Originally posted by Zebra4
OK, I know someone in Karratha. One's Australian and knows everyone. The other's English and has lived there 7 years. Give us a clue, who exactly are we looking for?
Lord Lucan was supposed to be in WA.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

I know two Aussie families who lived in Karratha before coming to Mandurah. Could ask them, but would need to know the name, obviously!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I lost contact with my brother for over 18 years. He was living in Oz and I was living in the UK.
Finally, I got in touch with the Salvation Army and they managed to find him. It took them quite a while, but getting that letter was one of the best days of my life.
They tell you that they have found them, but it is then up to them to write to you if they want contact.
I suggest that you get your Aunt to write (as it is her that wants to contact them) and then sit back and wait.

Good luck with your search.

Whisky
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:43 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Thanks for all your input guys. I've PM'd those of you who might be able to help out. Here's hoping we can get two good mates back together again.
Happy New Year!!

W.