Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP - Kids Medicals - is it true ?

HELP - Kids Medicals - is it true ?

Old Apr 16th 2006, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

LindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really nice
Default HELP - Kids Medicals - is it true ?

Hi

Not sure if most of you are in the same boat but we decided that until we got the Final YES we did not want to tell our parents, or my OH two Children 17 & 15, for one reason we are not really sure what the responce would be & did not want to maybe get any ones hopes up and it being a NO, so we decided to wait.

However as you may know we got our request to gets Meds etc last Monday. On all the paperwork there is nothing on there that suggests that even though at this point we were not thinking about taking the kids we have been requested by our Agent that all children under the age of 18 have to have a medical even if they are not going.

IS THIS TRUE.

Lindyloopot
Old Apr 16th 2006, 10:02 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP - Kids Medicals - is it true ?

Originally Posted by LindyLooPot
Hi

Not sure if most of you are in the same boat but we decided that until we got the Final YES we did not want to tell our parents, or my OH two Children 17 & 15, for one reason we are not really sure what the responce would be & did not want to maybe get any ones hopes up and it being a NO, so we decided to wait.

However as you may know we got our request to gets Meds etc last Monday. On all the paperwork there is nothing on there that suggests that even though at this point we were not thinking about taking the kids we have been requested by our Agent that all children under the age of 18 have to have a medical even if they are not going.

IS THIS TRUE.

Lindyloopot
Yes, I'm sorry but this is true .

I was told that it has (correct me if I'm wrong) something to do with making sure every dependant child that can ever come to Australia as being part of your family passes the medical (is healthy).

Miranda
Old Apr 16th 2006, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Hi

Yes I have heard of this being mentioned before, so I think it is true.

cheers.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

LindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really nice

Originally Posted by tum
Yes, I'm sorry but this is true .

I was told that it has (correct me if I'm wrong) something to do with making sure every dependant child that can ever come to Australia as being part of your family passes the medical (is healthy).

Miranda
Hi Miranda

Looks like we will have to tell them ealrier than we thought, but at least it will be out in the open.

Thanks

Lindyloopot
Old Apr 16th 2006, 12:59 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yes it is. And the 17 year old will also need a police check. Unless he or she is about to turn 18, once the child turns 18 if not dependent, non-migrating medical and police checks are not required. When does the 17 year old turn 18, and are they sure they don't want to come with you?
Old Apr 17th 2006, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Yes it is. And the 17 year old will also need a police check. Unless he or she is about to turn 18, once the child turns 18 if not dependent, non-migrating medical and police checks are not required. When does the 17 year old turn 18, and are they sure they don't want to come with you?

Hi Jaj

She turns 18 on 6th June, and she is currently (living in) at College doing animal management, and has been advised by her tutors that she would benefit from continuing next year onto a new 2 year course solely for exotic animals.

They have both been to Oz before when they were younger & I have been told that they loved it, she has previously told us that she would like to work in Melbourne Zoo as they have big cats there and thats whats she wants to do. So eventually we would hope that she would like to come over.

The younger one is very laid back and we are hoping that this will not be too much of a problem for him.

But it either of them want to come we dont have a problem with that, just have to tell them now. :scared: :scared:

LL
Old Apr 17th 2006, 1:36 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jaj

She turns 18 on 6th June, and she is currently (living in) at College doing animal management, and has been advised by her tutors that she would benefit from continuing next year onto a new 2 year course solely for exotic animals.

Is she living with (and supported by) you or another parent?

They have both been to Oz before when they were younger & I have been told that they loved it, she has previously told us that she would like to work in Melbourne Zoo as they have big cats there and thats whats she wants to do. So eventually we would hope that she would like to come over.
One thing you need to realise is that once she is an adult and no longer dependent, she will have absolutely no automatic right to "come over" even if she wants to. She will have to qualify to immigrate on her own merits, having a parent settled in Australia may help in some ways, but she will have to meet certain requirements herself.

Same goes for the younger child in due course.