Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help!!!! just had bad news

help!!!! just had bad news

Old Apr 6th 2006, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

deb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to all
Default help!!!! just had bad news

hi there ,
this is my first time on this , but i have got loads of info from you guys, over the last couple of weeks so i decided to let rip.

not really sure, what we are going to do. we had our medicals about a month ago and are about to go ahead with the application. but we have just found out my daughter of 17 has got MS , we didnt know at the time of the doc appointment. My husband is a citizen in perth, but living with me at the moment , will this affect our chances, and do we have to let the authorities know???? even tho she passed with everything else , ( as far as we know anyway) . really in a tiz , anyone got any advice. as this is tearing us up.

debs
Old Apr 6th 2006, 5:12 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help!!!! just had bad news

Can't help with any advice but wanted to send you some good wishes.
Maybe post this on the immigration forum as well
Old Apr 6th 2006, 6:49 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deb-n-rob2006
hi there ,
this is my first time on this , but i have got loads of info from you guys, over the last couple of weeks so i decided to let rip.

not really sure, what we are going to do. we had our medicals about a month ago and are about to go ahead with the application. but we have just found out my daughter of 17 has got MS , we didnt know at the time of the doc appointment. My husband is a citizen in perth, but living with me at the moment , will this affect our chances, and do we have to let the authorities know???? even tho she passed with everything else , ( as far as we know anyway) . really in a tiz , anyone got any advice. as this is tearing us up.

debs
Guys,

Really sorry to hear that.....a good mate of mine was diagnosed with MS a few years ago, he is just about to go to EIRE (Southern Ireland ) for treatment poineered in Holland, that may cure him!! Not sure of the details but a google search may turn up trumps!

ANYWAYss.......as far as I know, any illness diagnosed after your medicals NEEDS to be declared before you have validated your visas!! Otherwise they have the power to boot you oot of the country!

I know that is not the answer you hoped for but, remember one thing, where there is a will, there is a way!

Just one thing? I'm confused why you would have your meds BEFORE applying for a visa? Are you 'MAJORLY' front loading?
Old Apr 6th 2006, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Just one thing? I'm confused why you would have your meds BEFORE applying for a visa? Are you 'MAJORLY' front loading?
If her partner is an aussie then its a spouse visa which only take days I believe and they need to front load meds. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sorry about your news. It would be a risk to not declare it, a big one. Is she your partners daughter.

Jo
Old Apr 6th 2006, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
If her partner is an aussie then its a spouse visa which only take days I believe and they need to front load meds. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sorry about your news. It would be a risk to not declare it, a big one. Is she your partners daughter.

Jo
No, that's right. I'm a permanant resident, Matt applied on a spouse visa, and we font loaded everything, and got accepted within days.
Old Apr 7th 2006, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

hi there ,

debs
Get a second opinion. Many years ago my sister was diagnosed with Epilepsy. She was 16 my mother was in flat tizz (whatever that is) as my sister was about to do her HSC the next year. And having Epilepsy precluded one from almost everything.

I advised her to ignore it and proceed with life, if the diagnosis was correct something would eventually show. In the meantime don't let a possible mis-diagnosis ruin her life.

More than 30 year later, nothing has surfaced and my sister has had a tremendous life.

In the meantime do some checking to see if she is exhibiting any signs, if not live life and put it down to a possible misdiagnosis.
Old Apr 8th 2006, 12:04 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

debs

Any changes in medical condition before making first entry to Australia do need to be declared, however there's a health waiver on spouse visas so all may not be lost. Get some professional advice before proceeding, try Ian Harrop who has a good reputation: http://www.ianharrop.co.uk

I would echo what others have pointed out regarding a second opinion.

A further point to bear in mind is that your daughter, if she turns 18 before visa is *granted*, must still be "dependent" - ie, generally speaking, in full time education and not working.