Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help!!! Insurance for gereatric visitors

Help!!! Insurance for gereatric visitors

Old Aug 18th 2004, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future
Default Help!!! Insurance for gereatric visitors

My wrinkly parents are trying to decide whether to come and see their new grandson or not, but, one of the major problems i am having in arranging it is finding insurance.

Medically they are covered ny medicare due to reciprocal arrangements with the uk but they still need cover for the journey and for their baggage etc.....or if they happen to pop their clogs while they are here.

The main propblem seems to be that my father is 80 and i cant find a company to cover anyone over 79, surely you get other people over 79 travelling.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so did you find a company willing to do it.

Lynn
Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:02 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help!!! Insurance for gereatric visitors

Originally Posted by lynnj
My wrinkly parents are trying to decide whether to come and see their new grandson or not, but, one of the major problems i am having in arranging it is finding insurance.

Medically they are covered ny medicare due to reciprocal arrangements with the uk but they still need cover for the journey and for their baggage etc.....or if they happen to pop their clogs while they are here.

The main propblem seems to be that my father is 80 and i cant find a company to cover anyone over 79, surely you get other people over 79 travelling.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so did you find a company willing to do it.

Lynn
Have u tried www.insureandgo.com think they do ones for oldies ot how about SAGA Im sure they must have some kinda insurance firm...good luck