Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help and information please!!!!!!!!!

help and information please!!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 15th 2004, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

CANTERBURY.TALE is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking help and information please!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,
we have only just started our emigrating adventure and are very scarred and would very much welcome some advise and answers to a couple of questions. the first being, i work as a healthcare assistant in a kent hospital and have taken my nvq2, what is the austrialian equivalent?, is it a CNA?. and secondly we are being sponsered but my husdands aunt who lives in Queensland, do we have to move to Queensland also or can we choose anywere?.
sorry if i sound blunt and to the point, don't mean to...
would love to hear from anyone with any advice whatsoever.

thanks Elaine x x
Old Mar 15th 2004, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Polly58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help and information please!!!!!!!!!

Hi Elaine

If your husband's Aunt lives in a designated area (where the government want people to settle) then I think you have to live in the area for at least the first two years - on the plus side however these visas are processed much quicker.
We're being sponsored by my brother but he doesn't live in a designated area so we still need to meet the points test and the application process takes the usual 50 weeks! However we can live anywhere in Oz.

Not sure about your qualification though.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 6:21 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Default Re: help and information please!!!!!!!!!

To be honest and this is via my Australian nursing mate, your NVQ won't be recognised as such and the closest you'll get is to be an AIN (Assistant In Nursing). This will work in rural areas but metropolitan wise it means Nursing Home. The best bet is to ring the Australian nursing council, can't find the number but can be found via a search on google, and ask them what to do.
Hope this is of some help
lucy x
Old Mar 16th 2004, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

CANTERBURY.TALE is an unknown quantity at this point

thank's to you both for your infomation. you have been a great help, plenty more questions coming...........sorry.
thanks again Elaine & Gary x
Old Mar 16th 2004, 3:40 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CANTERBURY.TALE
thank's to you both for your infomation. you have been a great help, plenty more questions coming...........sorry.
thanks again Elaine & Gary x
This is the ANC website:
www.anci.org.au

Good luck
G
Old Mar 16th 2004, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

slowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud of

Hey Elaine and Gary,

i dont really have any advice, i would just like to say that we are hoping to move to new zealand, (once mum starts finishes and hopefully passes her exams....lol...) but i would like to wish you good luck and hope everything works out for you all....

monkey girl
x
Old Mar 16th 2004, 7:22 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi Elaine and Gary from another Elaine,

I have a Designated Area Sponsored visa. My sister lives in Adelaide and I will be moving there but there's no requirement that I do so.

As far as I know this hasn't changed since my visa was granted (July 2003) but check out the DIMIA website

http://www.immi.gov.au/

to get the up to date rules.

Sorry I can't help with your other query.

Good luck with your application,

Elaine M