Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help!! Immigration Newbie Seeks Advice...

Help!! Immigration Newbie Seeks Advice...

Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:12 am
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of
Default Help!! Immigration Newbie Seeks Advice...

Hello all, thank you for taking the time to read my message. I am a new member, but have been avidly reading through your messages over the last few weeks and you have all proved interesting reading!

I am looking for some advice with regard to Skills Assessments.

Together with my Wife we are hoping to apply for a Designated Area Skills Sponsored Visa for Victoria (Melbourne). My wife has an Auntie who is willing to sponsor us, so thats not a problem, but we would be using my skills as the 'skilled part'

I am trying to get my head around what I need to have assessed, as I have a degree in 3D Design, which should satisfy the assessment for Industrial Designer, worth 50 points; But I have been employed as a Web Designer (IT Professional - Systems Designer, on their SOL list) for the last 8 years. IT Professional is currently a 60 point occupation. Can someone tell me if I need both my degree and my work experience assessed, or just my degree. As I would prefer not to have to go through the RPL thingy, if I can help it!

Sorry for he long message Thank you in advance if you can help me!

Cheers

CarlosTheGerbil
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:27 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!! Immigration Newbie Seeks Advice...

Originally Posted by carlosthegerbil
Hello all, thank you for taking the time to read my message. I am a new member, but have been avidly reading through your messages over the last few weeks and you have all proved interesting reading!

I am looking for some advice with regard to Skills Assessments.

Together with my Wife we are hoping to apply for a Designated Area Skills Sponsored Visa for Victoria (Melbourne). My wife has an Auntie who is willing to sponsor us, so thats not a problem, but we would be using my skills as the 'skilled part'

I am trying to get my head around what I need to have assessed, as I have a degree in 3D Design, which should satisfy the assessment for Industrial Designer, worth 50 points; But I have been employed as a Web Designer (IT Professional - Systems Designer, on their SOL list) for the last 8 years. IT Professional is currently a 60 point occupation. Can someone tell me if I need both my degree and my work experience assessed, or just my degree. As I would prefer not to have to go through the RPL thingy, if I can help it!

Sorry for he long message Thank you in advance if you can help me!

Cheers

CarlosTheGerbil

You would be better to post on the immigration forum, however in situations like yours it's often possible to bypass ACS requirements by getting a skill assessment from Vetassess in a 50 point occupation. DIMA do not normally ask IT people for a second skill assessment (it's different for other occupations).

Skilled Designated Area Sponsored is being replaced by a temporary visa for new applicants from 1 July, however if you can meet the pass mark of 110, the Skilled Australian Sponsored visa (subclass 138) will still be available for immediate PR.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:34 pm
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JAJ
You would be better to post on the immigration forum, however in situations like yours it's often possible to bypass ACS requirements by getting a skill assessment from Vetassess in a 50 point occupation. DIMA do not normally ask IT people for a second skill assessment (it's different for other occupations).

Skilled Designated Area Sponsored is being replaced by a temporary visa for new applicants from 1 July, however if you can meet the pass mark of 110, the Skilled Australian Sponsored visa (subclass 138) will still be available for immediate PR.
OK Thanks JAJ, I shall post on the Immigration Forum also..
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Originally Posted by carlosthegerbil
Together with my Wife we are hoping to apply for a Designated Area Skills Sponsored Visa for Victoria (Melbourne).

CarlosTheGerbil
Here's a link to another site which is for those heading to Victoria.
http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?
Old Aug 4th 2006, 6:49 am
Just Joined

chanteldl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

I will really appreciate any help with my RPL for web design. I'm not sure how to use the CBOK terminology with explaining what I've learned through my web design working experience.

Can anyone help me with a few tips?

Much apprecaited
Chantel