Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help - As If Not Already Stressed!!!!!

Help - As If Not Already Stressed!!!!!

Old Feb 16th 2006, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

YAFOLEY will become famous soon enoughYAFOLEY will become famous soon enough
Default Help - As If Not Already Stressed!!!!!

We Really Need Some Advice!!! Visa Application Gone In January Decided To Put House Up For Sale In February... On Sale 1 Week And Our Auctionneer Was Moving Along Nicely With The Latest Bid At 382,000 Euro. Neighbour Of Ours Put In A Very Desirable Bid Today - 400,000 Private Sale (no Auctionneers Fees Of 5,000 Euro) + They'll Give Me 9,000 Euro For My Car!!!!!!! But...... No Visa's Yet... Our Auctionneer Knew The Score And He Said He Would Prolong The Signing Of The Contracts As Long As Needed... But Private Buyers Want To Be In In Approx 3 Months So Basically They Want Us To Sign And Say Yes They Can Have The House - Which Only Brings Us Up To May!!!
What Shall We Do....... Please Help... Two Really Stressed Out Dubs!
Old Feb 16th 2006, 9:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help - As If Not Already Stressed!!!!!

Originally Posted by YAFOLEY
We Really Need Some Advice!!! Visa Application Gone In January Decided To Put House Up For Sale In February... On Sale 1 Week And Our Auctionneer Was Moving Along Nicely With The Latest Bid At 382,000 Euro. Neighbour Of Ours Put In A Very Desirable Bid Today - 400,000 Private Sale (no Auctionneers Fees Of 5,000 Euro) + They'll Give Me 9,000 Euro For My Car!!!!!!! But...... No Visa's Yet... Our Auctionneer Knew The Score And He Said He Would Prolong The Signing Of The Contracts As Long As Needed... But Private Buyers Want To Be In In Approx 3 Months So Basically They Want Us To Sign And Say Yes They Can Have The House - Which Only Brings Us Up To May!!!
Absolutely no idea, sorry. But good luck and what's with the initial capitals
Old Feb 16th 2006, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

have no idea why this happens (didn't type it like that)... even though have had half a bottle of wine!!
Old Feb 16th 2006, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice
Smile Re: Help - As If Not Already Stressed!!!!!

I think you need to consider things like what visa your going for and how likely you are to actually get the visa, if your confident i would take the money and run as you never really know what the housing market is going to do and this does sound like a good offer. We haven't put our house on the market yet and we should have our visa in march. We are hoping to leave for the Gold Coast in July so if we were in your position we would bite his arm off.
Hope this helps.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Could you sell and rent somewhere until your visa comes through? What type of visa is it? Is there a chance that you won't get a visa and be left homeless???
TJ
Old Feb 16th 2006, 10:09 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Take the money and rent until you get the visa's would be what i would do...do you realistically think you would get anymore for the house?
Old Feb 16th 2006, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Absolutely no idea, sorry. But good luck and what's with the initial capitals
lol, how tired am I, I didn't even notice that!
TJ
Old Feb 16th 2006, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
Could you sell and rent somewhere until your visa comes through? What type of visa is it? Is there a chance that you won't get a visa and be left homeless???
TJ
we are going for a skilled independent visa - hubby a brickie.
our families will put us up no probs that end...and we walk away with about 170,000 after paying mortgage and loans off... problem is always chance of not getting visa!!! think this applies to us all ... don't know whether to take the risk and go for it!
Old Feb 16th 2006, 10:52 pm
Happy, happy Visa holders

Location: Back in Huddersfield, after fantastic time in Gold Coast
And&Mez has a spectacular aura aboutAnd&Mez has a spectacular aura aboutAnd&Mez has a spectacular aura about

I say SELL SELL SELL, you will get your visa and the last thing you need at the end of the day is to still have your house on the market when it comes to going to Oz, one less worry one your mind.