Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help I Need Work

Help I Need Work

Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

DONBEN is on a distinguished road
Default Help I Need Work

HI THIS IS SECOND ATTEMPT TO TRY AND GET WORK FROM UK HOPING TO NURSE IN PERTH GOING TO CARRAMAR JOONDALOOP DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY PLACES AROUND THIS AREA FOR NURSES DONT REALLY WANT TO TRAVEL TO PERTH FOR WORK
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:26 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help I Need Work

Originally Posted by DONBEN
HI THIS IS SECOND ATTEMPT TO TRY AND GET WORK FROM UK HOPING TO NURSE IN PERTH GOING TO CARRAMAR JOONDALOOP DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY PLACES AROUND THIS AREA FOR NURSES DONT REALLY WANT TO TRAVEL TO PERTH FOR WORK
Firstly - please don't post in capitals, it's not considered good etiquette online. Not least for the reason it's hard to read.

Secondly - even for nurses it's a lot easier to find a job if you've obtained a migration visa and actually touched down in Australia (plus obtained your state registration).

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Oct 8th 2004 at 3:09 am.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:43 am
scoobydoo

Donben.....get hold of a map of Perth then -
Try this site for an idea of location for the hospitals listed
http://www.perthweb.net.au/aboutperth/hospitals.shtlm

trawl through their websites for vacancies or nurse bank contact details and get your CV sent off!!

I do not know the area at all but this is how I started when we were in the UK thinking of coming over.

Good luck!

Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:50 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

*Takes fingers out of ears.....*

Try contacting the Joondaloop Health Campus for vacancies. That appears to be the biggest health employer in the area. Good luck!
Old Oct 8th 2004, 2:00 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Jeez give the person a chance. Not everyone is computer literate and probably did not type in capitals on purpose.

Good luck in your search for work.

Jo
Old Oct 8th 2004, 3:22 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Why Carramar? Seems like an odd base if you dont want to travel into Perth centre. You can't get much further out if you tried. My sis in law is a nurse and has to travel into the city from Ocean Reef, she finds it annoying to do this but has never considered working in another hospital. So it cant be that bad!
We are thinking of moving up to Caramar but only because our son goes to school there, its just a huge housing estate, they are going to build a shopping centre up there, but havn't started that yet. Joondalup is pretty close but I don't go there that often, I prefer the shopping nearer the city, Karinyup shopping centre is nice, and love Osbourne Park with Ikea, so afraid to say traveling out here is a necessity anyway.
Think about Carramar, we are happy to move up that way but only until our son finishes school and then we will be straight out.
Jenny
Old Oct 8th 2004, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Walts is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

If you're in the UK you could try going to the Aussie Jobs Expo in London 31-31st October. Have a look at www.expo-australia.com. THere seems to be medical recruiters there

Good luck!
Walts