Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help - i need to find a Sari

Help - i need to find a Sari

Old Nov 19th 2005, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Unycorne is on a distinguished road
Default Help - i need to find a Sari

I am going to a wedding in about 3 weeks and really would love to wear a sari/salwar suit. If anyone knows where i can find a Sari/Indian/Asian/Thai clothing shop around the Brisbane area please let me know. I am near pulling my hair out and havent got a clue where to start looking. :scared:

I often travel to the Sunshine and Gold coasts so even if you know of a place outside of Brisbane i will probably be around the areas so that would be great too.

Waiting in anticipation for any replys

Thank you

michelle
Old Nov 19th 2005, 5:10 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help - i need to find a Sari

Originally Posted by Unycorne
I am going to a wedding in about 3 weeks and really would love to wear a sari/salwar suit. If anyone knows where i can find a Sari/Indian/Asian/Thai clothing shop around the Brisbane area please let me know. I am near pulling my hair out and havent got a clue where to start looking. :scared:

I often travel to the Sunshine and Gold coasts so even if you know of a place outside of Brisbane i will probably be around the areas so that would be great too.

Thank you

michelle

Have a look on E bay.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bordy
Have a look on E bay.
That was where i looked first haha. Great idea though. Thank you.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 5:18 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

That was where i looked first haha. Great idea though. Thank you.

Ok try here.

http://www.indianfashion.com.au/default.php
Old Nov 19th 2005, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

Thank you

michelle

Shame you dont live in Perth - I have loads and you can also buy them here too! If you do manage to buy/borrow a Sari - do u know how to put one on??
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by salonit
Shame you dont live in Perth - I have loads and you can also buy them here too! If you do manage to buy/borrow a Sari - do u know how to put one on??
Nope i have no idea how to wear a Sari haha. My husband, sister and I went to The Spice Avenue in Birkdale, QLD, which if you do a search in BE it has amazing reviews and quite rightly so as it is a truly wonderful restaurant......anyway, i am going to go and have a trying on session and hopefully learn how to put a sari on without it falling off