British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Help! I have misplaced my Tax File Number (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/help-i-have-misplaced-my-tax-file-number-376106/)

ktyler1961 May 28th 2006 8:41 am

Help! I have misplaced my Tax File Number

I was having a clearout of paperwork yesterday and realised I couldn't find the bit of paper with my Tax File Number on it that I applied for and recieved when in Wollongong three years ago. I know it will still be on the system in Oz, but can anyone direct me to where I can retrieve it from once I arrive there again soon ? Or, what is the web address where I can do it online ?
Too much of this :beer: can make you lose Tax File Numbers.
Thanks,
Moonbeast

Jarvl May 28th 2006 8:49 am

Re: Help! I have misplaced my Tax File Number

Originally Posted by ktyler1961
I was having a clearout of paperwork yesterday and realised I couldn't find the bit of paper with my Tax File Number on it that I applied for and recieved when in Wollongong three years ago. I know it will still be on the system in Oz, but can anyone direct me to where I can retrieve it from once I arrive there again soon ? Or, what is the web address where I can do it online ?
Thanks,
Moonbeast

Try www.ato.gov.au - email address on my tax file number advice.

ktyler1961 May 28th 2006 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Jarvl
Try www.ato.gov.au - email address on my tax file number advice.

Thanks for your reply Jarvl. I have looked on the link you sent to me however I cannot find any info relating to the subject.

Mrs Jackaroo May 28th 2006 10:22 am

Thanks,
Moonbeast

You'll have to give them a call on 13 28 61 tomorrow morning! Sorry I cant be any more help - I've just got mine out and all it states on there is the web address which has already been given and this phone number.

HTH

Rach

Jarvl May 28th 2006 11:41 am

Thanks for your reply Jarvl. I have looked on the link you sent to me however I cannot find any info relating to the subject.

On the link I gave you go to: For Individuals - Apply for Tax file number, then
Tax file number or enquiry for an individual Nat 1432,then
download page. Hope this helps.

ktyler1961 May 29th 2006 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Jarvl
On the link I gave you go to: For Individuals - Apply for Tax file number, then
Tax file number or enquiry for an individual Nat 1432,then
download page. Hope this helps.

Cheers mate, I did that and it was what I was looking for.
Regards,
Moonbeast

Wol May 29th 2006 8:25 am

You can have mine if you want it - so long as you pay the tax....