Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help, House not built need 2months accom in Perth?

Help, House not built need 2months accom in Perth?

Old Sep 13th 2003, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

mandandbri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help, House not built need 2months accom in Perth?

Hi everyone

Hope someone can help. Having house built in Perth, was told would be ready by xmas but suprise suprise won't be ready till Feb. Rental runs out end of November and can't extend as guy coming back? Does anyone know of short term lets that are on par ( money and quality wise) with normal rents??

Any help much appreciated?

Manda
Old Sep 13th 2003, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on what you want, furnished or unfurnished. We are south of river in a two bed apartment, took it on for three months as we did not want to get tied into six month lease, only need 1 months notice to get out. Loads of choice for F or UF

So guess a three month lease would be ideal for you. used http://www.accessrealty.com.au/

Last edited by karawara88; Sep 13th 2003 at 5:42 am.
Old Sep 13th 2003, 7:03 am
Just Joined

BattaBattaBing is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help, House not built need 2months accom in Perth?

Originally posted by mandandbri
Hi everyone

Hope someone can help. Having house built in Perth, was told would be ready by xmas but suprise suprise won't be ready till Feb. Rental runs out end of November and can't extend as guy coming back? Does anyone know of short term lets that are on par ( money and quality wise) with normal rents??

Any help much appreciated?

Manda
Mand
We've got a flat over our Cafe in Subi. Let me know if you want anymore info.

Batta
Old Sep 14th 2003, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

mandandbri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks for your help. Will contact access realty. Really need to be in North as that is where all my 2 year olds clubs are ( she is a social butterfly!!!)

Cheers Amanda
Old Sep 14th 2003, 3:40 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

With the speed they build round here you had better make it a 4 month lease.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

You can borrow me delux TENT, you could pitch it on your new backgarden and keep an eye on those builders! just make sure they get the loo sorted first. (Mind you I'm sure they'd love to share the portaloos with you).

Seriously Manda, hope you get something sorted PDQ!

Diane
Old Sep 15th 2003, 3:30 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

a lot of builders do not work over the xmas period.. we were told this by our building company
Also thought I should point out.. if you have a contract with them to finish at xmas... start and completion date in your contract, and they do not complete it on time.. you can claim for each day that they go over .. ours it was $15 a day. Still haven't put in our claim yet, but will be doing this. Read through your contract's fine print.. you should find it.

cheers
Old Sep 15th 2003, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Ceri
a lot of builders do not work over the xmas period.. we were told this by our building company
Also thought I should point out.. if you have a contract with them to finish at xmas... start and completion date in your contract, and they do not complete it on time.. you can claim for each day that they go over .. ours it was $15 a day. Still haven't put in our claim yet, but will be doing this. Read through your contract's fine print.. you should find it.

cheers
Another thing to watch with building contracts. Most will give you a fixed 20 week build time but.... most people dont understand the wording will nearly always mean that the start date is not defined. Wording such as on approval of plans gives them unlimited scope as to when to start could be 2005 and they are still within the contract. I picked up this little glitch when we had our pool put in. Got the builder to put in a very definite time frame for start and finish.