Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help help help help...

help help help help...

Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:26 pm
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of
Default help help help help...

just a quick one

our case officer has requested dates for us travelling out/in to of Australia so we can get our visa evidenced?

does that mean our visa has been granted, or about to be granted?

I can't phone our consultant because it's 6:30am in Oz just now

any body share some light?

please...
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: help help help help...

If I were you I'd post this on the immigration thread. Agents give advise on there sometimes and one of them should be able to answer you.

Good luck

Trish
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomy2tums
just a quick one

our case officer has requested dates for us travelling out/in to of Australia so we can get our visa evidenced?

does that mean our visa has been granted, or about to be granted?

I can't phone our consultant because it's 6:30am in Oz just now

any body share some light?

please...
It means you have a pre-grant notification. Get planning you're trip out so they can grant it.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:46 pm

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
It means you have a pre-grant notification. Get planning you're trip out so they can grant it.
wow hoo!

so, if I sent travel intinerey today, how long will it take til they grant it?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

wow hoo!

so, if I sent travel intinerey today, how long will it take til they grant it?

Well they usually say you need to arrange at least a week out of the country, so certainly no longer than that. From what I've read on here though, I'd say it's usually a couple of days.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:55 pm

so, in essence we've been granted the visa

(sorry it's early, and I'm at work )
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

so, in essence we've been granted the visa

(sorry it's early, and I'm at work )

Technically no, as they can't grant it while you're here and can't make the decision to grant it either.

But it is very unlikely that it won't be granted once you leave - does that make sense
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy
Technically no, as they can't grant it while you're here and can't make the decision to grant it either.

But it is very unlikely that it won't be granted once you leave - does that make sense
kinda.

thank you