Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help! Hairdresser in the Gold Coast

Help! Hairdresser in the Gold Coast

Old Aug 31st 2009, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Help! Hairdresser in the Gold Coast

............right the situations getting desperate....................can anyone recommend a good salon on the Gold Coast, I'm next to Robina but am quite happy to travel anywhere on the coast or even into Brisbane for a good one

Last edited by desperatehousewife; Aug 31st 2009 at 10:28 pm. Reason: sp
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all
Default Re: Help! Hairdresser in the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
............right the situations getting desperate....................can anyone recommend a good salon on the Gold Coast, I'm next to Robina but am quite happy to travel anywhere on the coast or even into Brisbane for a good one
Colarado in Robina town centre is very good, there is also a really good one near RQ's - corner of Makeri Street - my cousin goes there and her hair is lovely. An English lady does it and she is highly recommended. I find myself looking at people with lovely hair and asking where they go!!
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:47 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

My wife has been going to Marcus Edward at the Q supercentre for over 3 years - shes very happy with them.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:44 am
Just Joined

jat1968 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Do you need a salon or have you considered a mobile hairdresser.....I'm also in Robina and I have a great hairdresser...also an expat!!

Julie
Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks folks!

Julie to be honest I'd prefer a salon, mainly because it gives me an excuse to offload the kids on John and chill out for a bit! but if you could PM me details of your mobile hairdresser that would be great because I need someone to do the girls hair and that would be easier at home, assuming she does kids cuts of course
Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!! i can't believe we chatted all morning and didn't tell you about my FAB Hairdresser!!!!...

I go to Fame in Southport!
Elaine runs it and is the main stylist. She's won Loreal Awards in Scotland and is damn good! You get special massages and stuff.

I'll send you th number on facebook! xx
Old Sep 1st 2009, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sammyg
OMG!!! i can't believe we chatted all morning and didn't tell you about my FAB Hairdresser!!!!...

I go to Fame in Southport!
Elaine runs it and is the main stylist. She's won Loreal Awards in Scotland and is damn good! You get special massages and stuff.

I'll send you th number on facebook! xx

Whats a special massage!................think you may have got the wrong impression this morning!

xx
Old Sep 1st 2009, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Whats a special massage!................think you may have got the wrong impression this morning!

xx
lol!!!
Old Sep 1st 2009, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

katietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant future

I go to Helensvale headquarters in Helensvale Plaza. All great stylists and 15% off if you go on a Monday.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 3:06 pm
Got Visa

hopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nice

Hello

How much can i expect to pay to get long hair streaked ?
I pay about £30 here for a lovely girl who is mobile.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hopefullybrisbane
Hello

How much can i expect to pay to get long hair streaked ?
I pay about £30 here for a lovely girl who is mobile.
From what I can see prices are around the same as back home, with the same variation, from a cheap local hairdresser up to top salon prices

My hairdresser friend recommended this salon in Brisbane

http://www.togninishair.com/

but equally if you prefer there does seem to be plenty mobile hairdressers that seem to be around the same price as your paying at the moment

http://www.maelekel.com/Prices.html

hope this helps!
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

My sister owns http://www.sanctuaryhairfacebody.com/ in Tugun and is a really good hairdresser.

I know I'm biased being family & all, but she is that good...
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gavstrad
My sister owns http://www.sanctuaryhairfacebody.com/ in Tugun and is a really good hairdresser.

I know I'm biased being family & all, but she is that good...
And next to a baker who does the best doughnuts and cheese and vegemite scrolls I've tasted in years
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:28 am
Just Joined

mad susie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sammyg
lol!!!
i would highly recommend fame, elaine is a great hairdresser i dont trust anyone with my hair but i do trust her.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by jat1968
Hi,

Do you need a salon or have you considered a mobile hairdresser.....

Julie
I thought that is for dogs. Do they cart around a horse trailer so they could cut and wash the person in there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.