Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help guys -I have a friend going to Noosa for a few days. What;s to see?

Help guys -I have a friend going to Noosa for a few days. What;s to see?

Old Jan 15th 2010, 9:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Help guys -I have a friend going to Noosa for a few days. What;s to see?

Hi.
I have a great young friend staying with us in NZ , who is going to Noosa for 5 days.

What is to see and on a budget please?

We have worked out Australia Zoo is around an hour away ....any discounts for the under 25's?

and what else is a must see - must do please.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 12:31 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help guys -I have a friend going to Noosa for a few days. What;s to see?

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hi.
I have a great young friend staying with us in NZ , who is going to Noosa for 5 days.

What is to see and on a budget please?

We have worked out Australia Zoo is around an hour away ....any discounts for the under 25's?

and what else is a must see - must do please.
its a beach holiday resort, there's nothing really to 'see' as such.

I would suggest that your friend stays in a backpackers. this is a good one:
http://www.halselodge.com.au/

that way he/she will meet a few folks their own age, and have people to hang out with at the beach/cafe/bar/restaurant. There are always lots of backpackers travelling through noosa.

If your young friend is the type of person that constantly needs to be doing things and seeing things, then noosa probably won't be ideal for them. But if they enjoy relaxing, lazing by the beach or pool, sitting in a surf club, walking around the national park, reading a good book and having an icecream, then they will love the place.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 9:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help guys -I have a friend going to Noosa for a few days. What;s to see?

Nope. He likes to be seeing and doing.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 9:47 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest that he re-routes to Melbourne / or Sydney !

Nothing wrong with the Sunshine coast or Noosa... I love both places and happily go up there several times each year for a break. But not to go "seeing" or "doing" things unfortunately....
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:49 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Based on previous experience (1 visit) he'll be seeing people trying to park and doing lots of cursing about how what was probably a very nice spot has been overtaken by the masses.

I'd head outta town, maybe some hiking in the glorious surrounds of the Glasshouse Mountains? That would be my call anyway.