Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help!! guidance needed

Help!! guidance needed

Old Jul 4th 2002, 2:39 am
Just Joined

ck011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help!! guidance needed

I filed in an application for Skilled-Sponsored in December 2001, and to date, I have not received any Acknowledgement Letter from Adelaide.

I called them up in March, and was given my application file number and case officer's name over the phone, and was told that I would receive it in the next several days.

I made a second phone call in June, and this time, I was told that it sometimes take a while for the letters to reach offshore applicants, and that as long as they have my records in their system, I would be fine.

From what I've read in the forum so far, this does not seem to be the normal situation.

What is actually written on the Acknowledgement letter? Would they specify the time frame of an application, inc. documents needed? I did send in my medical forms, but not the police clearance yet. Should I send that without them asking yet?

I applied as an Electrical Engineer (2125-11).

Another question: When I was traveling two months ago, I had my bag snatched and stolen, where ALL of my backup documentations, including copies of my application, original copies of my IEAust. certifications, were contained in the bag. As I do not have any reference number for IEAust, is there any way that I am able to have them mail me another one?
Old Jul 4th 2002, 5:20 pm
Andrew

Default Re: Help!! guidance needed

Hi, Well I would not worry the letter probably got lost in the post (at least it
wasn't a cheque), you have the details that were on the letter. I would apply to
IEAust for a new original of their letter though because I have seen posts here that
say the original letter for qualification assessment is requested.

"ck011" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I filed in an application for Skilled-Sponsored in December 2001, and to date, I
    > have not received any Acknowledgement Letter from Adelaide.
    >
    > I called them up in March, and was given my application file number and case
    > officer's name over the phone, and was told that I would receive it in the next
    > several days.
    >
    > I made a second phone call in June, and this time, I was told that it sometimes
    > take a while for the letters to reach offshore applicants, and that as long as they
    > have my records in their system, I would be fine.
    >
    > From what I've read in the forum so far, this does not seem to be the normal
    > situation.
    >
    > What is actually written on the Acknowledgement letter? Would they specify the time
    > frame of an application, inc. documents needed? I did send in my medical forms, but
    > not the police clearance yet. Should I send that without them asking yet?
    >
    > I applied as an Electrical Engineer (2125-11).
    >
    > Another question: When I was traveling two months ago, I had my bag snatched and
    > stolen, where ALL of my backup documentations, including copies of my application,
    > original copies of my IEAust. certifications, were contained in the bag. As I do
    > not have any reference number for IEAust, is there any way that I am able to have
    > them mail me another one?
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jul 5th 2002, 7:20 am
Rdarby

Default Re: Help!! guidance needed

There is nothing on the acknowledgement except the case number. They say that your
application will take an average of so many months. It's a form letter with you case
number. It took 2 months for mine to arrive.

Several months later will come a letter and forms for medicals and police clearance.

You arn't missing anything, so now it's just a matter of waiting.