Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help with frontloading meds police checks please

help with frontloading meds police checks please

Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

ktee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant future
Default help with frontloading meds police checks please

Hi there looking for some advice please. Our visa application 136 independent MODL, was received in adelaide Monday this week. I now want to know if people think we should front load our medicals. If we do how do we go about getting the xray done, do we go private or can we pay at nhs local hospital. Also where do we get the forms etc for all the medicals , xrays. Another question how do we go about the police checks, havent a clue what to do. Any help would be much appreciated.
Does frontloading speed the process up alot, or not.
Thanks for any help
Katexx
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help with frontloading meds police checks please

Originally Posted by ktee
Hi there looking for some advice please. Our visa application 136 independent MODL, was received in adelaide Monday this week. I now want to know if people think we should front load our medicals. If we do how do we go about getting the xray done, do we go private or can we pay at nhs local hospital. Also where do we get the forms etc for all the medicals , xrays. Another question how do we go about the police checks, havent a clue what to do. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks for any help
Katexx
Hi

It will speed it up a little but only about a month.

You need to go to a panel doctor for your meds and x-rays. The forms can be downloaded, but I'm not sure of the link, I'm sure someone will provide it for you.

You can get Police clearance forms from your local station or can be requested on the internet, they need to be from your local force.

I would suggest waiting until about August before doing any of this though as they could go out of date. You only have 12 months to validate your visa from the date of either PCC's or Meds (earliest).
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for any help
Katexx
Hi Kate,

Apologies in advance if I get any info wrong!
Link to DIMIA website regarding medicals: www.australia.org.uk/vti/HTML/medical.html (hope that works not very IT literate!!) If not, its on the immigration website!!
Has forms and lists of Doctors available for medical checks and X-rays. Costs vary but we have been quoted approx £700 for family of four (2 adults and two young children).
The only problem with front loading is that your visa validation date is based on these and you would therefore need to arrive in Oz before their expiry date if your application is approved. So depends on how urgently you want to get there.

Hope this helps!
Jo
Old Apr 5th 2006, 12:17 pm
No longer waiting....

crawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to all

Does frontloading speed the process up alot, or not. Katexx
When I looked on http://www.Austimeline.com a few months back to see if frontloading speeded things up I thought it made things about a month shorter.

If you want to frontload (and validation/move dates are not an issue) I would suggest approx 3-4 months after submitting the main app. This then gives a further month for all the bloods etc to come back, have the meds get from the UK-Aus and get processed over there.

No evidence for this at all but.... I think there is an advantage in having things going into your file at this stage, PCC etc. If something new arrives and is added to the file when everything else is in order I guess that human nature would prompt them to grant it and move on to the next case....
Old Apr 5th 2006, 12:22 pm
No longer waiting....

crawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jojo90
Costs vary but we have been quoted approx £700 for family of four (2 adults and two young children) - Jo
That £700 quote seems very expensive for 2 adults and two young children unless you ALL have lots of tattoos!
See my post yesterday re: Norwich (£465) v Cambridge (£610) medicals
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365570
Old Apr 5th 2006, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crawling
That £700 quote seems very expensive for 2 adults and two young children unless you ALL have lots of tattoos!

Yes it does seem a little steep doesn't it. We paid about £650 for 3 adults and 2 kids ( although 1 is 13 so had to have an xray), that was at Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Old Apr 5th 2006, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold

Wouldn't surprise me to hear that this was more expensive than some. We live in Oxford and everything around here is pricey!! Saying that we did get a quote approx £100 cheaper but that involved a month waiting list and two seperate appointments for the check and x-rays which was more difficult for us to arrange. We can book this one within a few days and get all the results back within 10 days (so they say!!). Oh and apparently it is slighlty more expensive as I'll be working in the medical field which invlolves more blood tests I guess!!
Old Apr 5th 2006, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Gethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura about

Hi there looking for some advice please. Our visa application 136 independent MODL, was received in adelaide Monday this week. I now want to know if people think we should front load our medicals. Katexx
Hi,

We submitted our visa early December (136 MODL), got acknowledgment 9th Dec, we then decided to wait two months and sent our meds. It worked out well for us as we have just got our visa granted 4th April .

So in our case getting them done and front loading was the right thing, if you are feeling confident in your application get em done early if not hang fire till they are requested.

Regards
Old Apr 5th 2006, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

ktee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant future

Hi Gethy, im still struggling to work out how to go about front loading meds and pcc, where did you get the forms. Do you book the xrays then take them to the medical. Do the xrays and meds get sent by the doctor etc. Any info a help thanks

Originally Posted by Gethy
Hi,

We submitted our visa early December (136 MODL), got acknowledgment 9th Dec, we then decided to wait two months and sent our meds. It worked out well for us as we have just got our visa granted 4th April .

So in our case getting them done and front loading was the right thing, if you are feeling confident in your application get em done early if not hang fire till they are requested.

Regards
Old Apr 5th 2006, 3:55 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: help with frontloading meds police checks please

Hi Gethy, im still struggling to work out how to go about front loading meds and pcc, where did you get the forms. Do you book the xrays then take them to the medical. Do the xrays and meds get sent by the doctor etc. Any info a help thanks
Hi, you can get the x-rays done first, they give you them that day and you take them to your medical, then the doctor send them all off together. I did have the website for the meds forms but have lost it, will try to get it for you. As for the PCC I went on the local police website and down loaded the forms or you can go into your local police station and ask for them, they're £10 each.
Clairex

Website is http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/HTML/medical.html
Hope this helps

Last edited by belleandscone; Apr 5th 2006 at 4:00 pm. Reason: added info
Old Apr 5th 2006, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks claire, was struggling to work out what to do, did you get your xrays done at nhs hospital or private, and did you book them yourselves or did you have to get gp involved.
Looks like you might be near to getting the visa hopefully, where you heading?
Katexx

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Hi, you can get the x-rays done first, they give you them that day and you take them to your medical, then the doctor send them all off together. I did have the website for the meds forms but have lost it, will try to get it for you. As for the PCC I went on the local police website and down loaded the forms or you can go into your local police station and ask for them, they're £10 each.
Clairex
Old Apr 5th 2006, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

you can shop around like we did, we did our x-ray at the hospital not so far away from cause they were the cheapest and then did our medical at another place we did save at least couple of hundre £s. that was for 5 of us.