Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help, Flights dilemma????

Help, Flights dilemma????

Old Jan 6th 2005, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Question Help, Flights dilemma????

Hi everyone
Advice needed on our dilemma would be much appreciated please.

We havent sold our house yet but we have to validate by May 10th, when do you reckon we leave it, to book the flights?
Do we book flights for a return then cancel the return trip if we have sold the house(would we lose the money?)
or do we leave it right to the last minute and then our worry is not getting flights in time to validate.

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I thought getting the visa was the hard bit??????

Any ideas anyone???
D
Old Jan 6th 2005, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice
Default Re: Help, Flights dilemma????

Hello,

Can't help you with the flights but wondered where abouts on the Wirral are you from (me to!) We are off to Sydney in a couple of weeks! My last day of work on Monday!!!
Old Jan 6th 2005, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Help, Flights dilemma????

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
Hello,

Can't help you with the flights but wondered where abouts on the Wirral are you from (me to!) We are off to Sydney in a couple of weeks! My last day of work on Monday!!!
Hi there,
We are from Prenton, and heading to the Gold Coast as soon as we are homeless
Were are you from Hedge?

Have you got you PR? I'll bet it's a great feeling finally leaving work, but exciting times eh?

Good Luck
D
Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Unhappy Re: Help, Flights dilemma????

Guess not

Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:57 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Dicko
Hi everyone

We havent sold our house yet but we have to validate by May 10th, when do you reckon we leave it, to book the flights?
Do we book flights for a return then cancel the return trip if we have sold the house(would we lose the money?)
or do we leave it right to the last minute and then our worry is not getting flights in time to validate.

Any ideas anyone???
D
Hi Dicko,
We are in the same position as you - we need to validate my hubby's visa by early May too.
I constsantly check out flights for price etc and Singapore Airlines always seem to have flights available (& they are cheap & they give you 40 kg if emmigrating) up until a few days prior to the date you enquire about.
So I wouldn't think that you would have any problem booking flights fairly close to the date you need to travel.
Check Singapore Airline flights out via expedia.com, thats who I usually use.
Shell
Old Jan 8th 2005, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hi, I would book a return ticket asap. I know the airlines always have some availibility, but I would book asap.
If things go tits up, and for some reason you cant validate by the due date, there goes your visa. They will not give you an extension on it.

Hope it all works out
Old Jan 8th 2005, 10:50 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

airline network are emailing an offer on malaysian airlines - from 429 to perth if you travel 27mar-30june i think. have a look at their website.
personally id validate asap, but im nowhere near the stage you are at!
as sandra says, if it goes tits up, there goes your visa!!

sue
Old Jan 8th 2005, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

gazza22222 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dicko

Remember me originally from Gayton/Pensby (from May last year)?

Give a good friend of mine (called Roy) a ring who lives in Thornton Hough for your flights, he is a travel agent.

His company is called 'Worldwide Flightline' and you will find his number in the Wirral Yellow Pages obviously in the travel agents section. He is a great straight guy who will get you the best price he can and will organise any stopovers you require.

Don't forget to book me for your airport transfers from Brissie to the Gold Coast before you arrive. You can pm me or send an e-mail with details etc.

Good Luck

Gazza
Old Jan 8th 2005, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gazza22222
Hi Dicko

Remember me originally from Gayton/Pensby (from May last year)?

Give a good friend of mine (called Roy) a ring who lives in Thornton Hough for your flights, he is a travel agent.

His company is called 'Worldwide Flightline' and you will find his number in the Wirral Yellow Pages obviously in the travel agents section. He is a great straight guy who will get you the best price he can and will organise any stopovers you require.

Don't forget to book me for your airport transfers from Brissie to the Gold Coast before you arrive. You can pm me or send an e-mail with details etc.

Good Luck

Gazza

Hey Gaz,
Yeh I remember chatting to you, how is it going? We are okay for our meet and greet though, as we have good friends who we are going to stay with until we get sorted with a house, they are in Helensvale we stayed there last year.
I have scouted the net for flights and there are loads of offers about at the moment, it is just the worry of not transferring to a one way and also when to leave it until.

By the way we are thinking of renting in Arundel/Parkwood, we had a drive round there last year and it looks lovely, with loads of reasonably priced rentals.

See you there soon I hope
Old Jan 8th 2005, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

gazza22222 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't complain.

We moved into a house in Arundel Hills, nice area not far from Helensvale.

Look me up when you arrive.

Gazza
Old Jan 8th 2005, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dicko
Hi everyone

Any ideas anyone???
D
I'm not sure if you still get 40kg bag allowance if your ticket is return.
look at www.singaporeairlines.co.uk u can take the return trip up to a year later so could use it for a holiday home then just book a one way to get back here to australia then its not wasted.
i think you would easily get a one way ticket even a couple of days before you leave. singapore air fly to australia 3 times a day every day. may isnt a busy time and if you book a midweek flight they usually always have spaces.

Last edited by jinxnkay; Jan 8th 2005 at 12:16 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever happens - get your flights booked NOW and validate them by the necessary date - extensions aren't usually granted and you will ( of course ) be gutted....

House sales can be done by power of attorney ( if necessary) if you don't wish to return to the uk...

Good luck and best wishes...xxx
Old Jan 8th 2005, 12:15 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by jinxnkay
look at www.singaporeairlines.co.uk u can take the return trip up to a year later so could use it for a holiday home then just book a one way to get back here to australia then its not wasted.
When we flew one way back to the UK with Singapore Airlines in March 2004, they allowed us to board with 72kg between us (or 16kg extra each) as we were very nice to the lady checking us in and explained we were migrating back to the UK . . . maybe she just felt plain sorry for us for coming back!

Merlot

Old Jan 8th 2005, 1:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jinxnkay
i think you would easily get a one way ticket even a couple of days before you leave. singapore air fly to australia 3 times a day every day. may isnt a busy time and if you book a midweek flight they usually always have spaces.
I'd say the same, book now, get a ticket that has a year's validity on the return, then use it for a trip back to the UK in a years time if necessary.
BTW, many one-way tickets are not that much cheaper than returns anyway!
Old Jan 8th 2005, 5:54 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
Hello,

Hi. I haven't lived there for years but I am a Chester born and bred. I used to live in Boughton near where Sainsbury is and went to what is now the Bishops Bluecoat school but was then Dee High? Whereabouts are you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.