Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help with first mortgage for kiwi citizens....

help with first mortgage for kiwi citizens....

Old Mar 28th 2011, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

MandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really nice
Default help with first mortgage for kiwi citizens....

Hi everyone, I have been told that when living in Australia you are entitled to some kind of help from the government when buying your first home. I was given the figure $10,000 but don't know how accurate this is. My question is, as a New Zealand Citizen coming over to live and work in oz would i be entitled to this help or is it only for Permanent Residents?

Thanks for your help
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: help with first mortgage for kiwi citizens....

It seems one of you has to be a PR or Citizen (maybe Kiwis are exempt), link is shown below:

Main link: http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/benefits/first_home/

Eligibility: http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/benefits/f...s/eligibility/
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:12 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

The rules & amounts depend on the state you're buying the property in.

I think it's typically the case that one applicant must be an Aus citizen or PR.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:14 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.homeloanexperts.com.au/no...itizens-loans/
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Looks like you can get it, a permanent resident in this case is cateragised as below:

"A person who holds a permanent residency visa (under section 30 of the migration act 1958 of the Commonwealth) or a New Zealand Citizen who is the holder of a special category visa (under section 32 of the migration act 1958)

You will have a 444 visa so will be eligible to get the first home buyers grant and stamp duty exemption in NSW (I have not checked Victoria).

NSW link: http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/lib/doc/forms/ofh001.pdf
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

So confirmed by both of us that you can get it as a Kiwi, good news.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MandyB
Hi everyone, I have been told that when living in Australia you are entitled to some kind of help from the government when buying your first home. I was given the figure $10,000 but don't know how accurate this is. My question is, as a New Zealand Citizen coming over to live and work in oz would i be entitled to this help or is it only for Permanent Residents?

Thanks for your help
I worked with a Kiwi temp resident and he got it
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

As a Kiwi you are classified as a Permanent Resident according to bcworlds post, I wasn't aware of this?

Link states the following:

"Are first home benefits available

The Australian government’s first home owners grant and other benefits are available for permanent residents as if they were citizens of Australia. New Zealand citizens are considered to be permanent residents of Australia and so are eligible for the grant.

Please refer to your state governments first home buyer website for information about which benefits are available in your state."
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

MandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really nice

Brilliant, thanks for all your help everyone.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fluid36
As a Kiwi you are classified as a Permanent Resident according to bcworlds post, I wasn't aware of this?

Link states the following:

"Are first home benefits available

The Australian government’s first home owners grant and other benefits are available for permanent residents as if they were citizens of Australia. New Zealand citizens are considered to be permanent residents of Australia and so are eligible for the grant.

Please refer to your state governments first home buyer website for information about which benefits are available in your state."
Don't think kiwi's are considered permanent residents. Think officially classed as temp resident.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 1:03 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: help with first mortgage for kiwi citizens....

Originally Posted by fish.01
Don't think kiwi's are considered permanent residents. Think officially classed as temp resident.
Its a grey area.

Immigration counts them as temp.
FHOG counts them as perm.

BB
Old Mar 29th 2011, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Its a grey area.

Immigration counts them as temp.
FHOG counts them as perm.

BB
Yeah that's right, a bit weird as i thought Kiwis were temp full stop but it seems like FHOG and maybe other issues they are classified as Perm.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 2:07 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah that's right, a bit weird as i thought Kiwis were temp full stop but it seems like FHOG and maybe other issues they are classified as Perm.
You're allowed a few breaks I guess
Old Mar 29th 2011, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amazulu
You're allowed a few breaks I guess
Yeah good, about time you guys gave us a few handouts.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 2:48 am
Proudly Deplorable

Yeah good, about time you guys gave us a few handouts.
As long as you stay temp, I'm happy that we throw you a few morsels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.