Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP FINDING RESIDENTIAL RENTAL SUNSHINE COAST!!!

HELP FINDING RESIDENTIAL RENTAL SUNSHINE COAST!!!

Old Dec 5th 2007, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Shaz n Paul will become famous soon enough
Default HELP FINDING RESIDENTIAL RENTAL SUNSHINE COAST!!!

Hi Guys,

We finally made it!!!

Does anyone know a good website or paper where we can find private residential lettings especially around Maroochydore area?

We have applied for so many through realty places this week since we arrived but as we have no Oz refs and there are so many other applications, no-one will take us on...

We have till tommorrow night left in our holiday accomodation and then will have to find another hostel, so any help GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

We have tried the Sunshine Coast Daily but there doesn't seem to be anything in that and we have a budget of $250 a week

Many Thanks in advance

Shaz and Paul
Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future
Default Re: HELP FINDING RESIDENTIAL RENTAL SUNSHINE COAST!!!

Don't know about private apart from the local paper for that area, The daily paper is more for the region so there must be local ones, we get free ones twice a week in our area.

The situation is not great at the moment, but what I have noticed is that realestate.com lists everything but uploads to their server must be done in a batch and are slower than on the individual agents websites so check them all out.

We looked recently in Noosa and a property advertised the same day had 20 apps on it before anyone viewed it!! go figure!

I think you may have to physically go to all the agents and either 'pre-approve' and ask to be on their waiting list or go every single day and just bug them. You should be able to provide refs from England.
If you don't have rental refs just make them up from a friend or whatever in England.

Good luck
Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

keijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant future

http://www.realestate.com.au/directo...st_region.html

Try this site but like caleb said you'd be best off going around the estate agents for a look, It's a good way to find your way around the coast anyway. I used to drop my wife off at work in Noosaville, get hopelessly lost till I found the Bruce Highway then I could find my way home from there.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

emmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Shaz n Paul
Hi Guys,

We finally made it!!!

Does anyone know a good website or paper where we can find private residential lettings especially around Maroochydore area?

We have applied for so many through realty places this week since we arrived but as we have no Oz refs and there are so many other applications, no-one will take us on...

We have till tommorrow night left in our holiday accomodation and then will have to find another hostel, so any help GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

We have tried the Sunshine Coast Daily but there doesn't seem to be anything in that and we have a budget of $250 a week

Many Thanks in advance

Shaz and Paul
We found our rental in buderim on here: http://www.realestate.com.au/ you do have to be careful though and ring up before you look at places as some places go that quickly an are not taken off the internet.

We didnt have any probs with having no oz references and we were told by professionals (who were very good) not to worry as it is becomming more common with more migrants now coming to Oz.

Good luck
Emma
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:43 am
Just Joined

ey up 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Like the others say go in & badger the agents, without being rude you will struggle to find anything for $250/week unless you move well out of the towns
Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Try Cotton Tree Real Estate (opposite the swimming pool). Your budget is too small though and I reckon you'll be lucky to get anything for $250 a week. It's now coming up to peak season and I reckon $350 - $400 is more likely to be needed
Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:28 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Shaz n Paul
Hi Guys,

We finally made it!!!

Many Thanks in advance

Shaz and Paul
Saturdays are your best bet for rentals in the Sunshine Coast Daily... I'm afraid I'm in agreeement with the other posters that $250 is a tight budget for Maroochydore... although having looked on realestate.com.au, there are quite a few rentals under $250, mostly 1 or 2 bed units.

I guess you've done the estate agent trawl? My advice is keep going back to the estate agents and hassling them... tell them you'll pay 3 or 6 months rent up front (if you can afford to do that). And generally be nice!! Good luck... I know how tough it can be to find places on the coast - having moved 3 times in the last 12 months! Maybe widen your search to Coolum/Marcoola which is slighter further north.. but a bit cheaper and in my opinion, a nicer place to live than Maroochydore!

Sonic x
Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

$250 a week look at old one bedroom units or a house share.

Try and find work, any work, will drastically improve your chances of getting a lease, because there are just so many people going for each rental property.