Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help with finding good exchange rates...

Help with finding good exchange rates...

Old May 24th 2003, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Lynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really nice
Default Help with finding good exchange rates...

Hi all,

We are off in a few weeks time to spend a month in that

wonderful place called Oz (brisbane).

Can anyone let me know where i can get a good exchanged rate.

I live in Bton in Sussex and today the rate on the high street was

2.38. Last week the rate went up to 2.40..

Where o where can i exchange my hard earned english pounds....

Thank you peep's

Lynn
--------------------------------------
Brisbane bound
Old May 24th 2003, 5:44 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

If you are off for a short period of time only - why not use your normal account, that way you do not have to pay the fee you have with travelllers cheques or local high street travel agents. Ask your bank now about it. What I mean is make sure your current account card has international access and use card in the wall as you need it? I do this all over the world, I keep some in US dollars travellers cheques in case the cards get stolen, but AUS ATMS work same as Spainish ones. Ask your bank what rate they will charge and I am sure they will give you a better exchange when you do it this way rather than tourist rate.

Have fun
Old May 24th 2003, 10:35 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

The best rate for tourist cash and without commission is Marks and Spencer.

If you have a Nationwide or Halifax credit card they do not charge for paying foreign bills (no conversion charge) I think some olf the other cmpanies are the same RBS and etc. try asking your credit card companies before you decide which card to use.:lecture: :lecture: :lecture: