Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help with finances

Help with finances

Old Jul 19th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Molko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the rough
Default Help with finances

My parents are looking into coming to Australia but are worried they can’t afford to. They would sell their house and have some savings. Is there a website that can help with working out their finances? They don’t think they can afford to live each month and not sure what is best with regards to their money. Do they transfer over money each month to get by? Can they possibly live off the interest from the UK or interest in Australia? Just not sure what’s best to make their money work for them.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with finances

Originally Posted by Molko1974
My parents are looking into coming to Australia but are worried they can’t afford to. They would sell their house and have some savings. Is there a website that can help with working out their finances? They don’t think they can afford to live each month and not sure what is best with regards to their money. Do they transfer over money each month to get by? Can they possibly live off the interest from the UK or interest in Australia? Just not sure what’s best to make their money work for them.
Hope you've looked into this as can't just move to Australia unless have correct visas etc!

Would suggest paying for professional advice?

Last edited by Australia_bound?; Jul 19th 2007 at 11:07 am.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Molko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Help with finances

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Hope you've looked into this as can't just move to Australia unless have correct visas etc!

Would suggest paying for professional advice?

We have been speaking to the agents who we used and have been given the total fee’s which is a big lump sum from their money but now they are worried that they won’t be able to afford to live here. My aunt sent them a list of their outgoings and this has worried them. My dad is retired, my mum is happy to find part time work and my sister who is applying as the last remaining relative won’t be able to work to start with.