Reload this Page >

HELP! Expensive International Movers

HELP! Expensive International Movers

Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Aus_xena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP! Expensive International Movers

hello All.

My OH and I are planning to return back to Aus, ( Need his Visa to be approved first. ) but i started the process of calling some removal companys. and OH MY GOD. They are not cheap.

We don't have much furniture because we plan to sell most of it. and i think we can fit it into a half of a 20foot container. otherwise we wit it into a 20foot. but the price i got quoted was £4100.(Company angelo pacific) flip thats $ 8200. sorry i shipped stuff here to the Uk for $5000. £2100 (currency then)

Does anyone know of a cheaper company to use? I really don't want to waste so much money, but i also want a reliable service. and NO broken items.

Thanks.

And good luck to everyone who's applying for Visa, and we will see you in Aus (Adelaide for us
Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HELP! Expensive International Movers

Originally Posted by Aus_xena
hello All.

My OH and I are planning to return back to Aus, ( Need his Visa to be approved first. ) but i started the process of calling some removal companys. and OH MY GOD. They are not cheap.

We don't have much furniture because we plan to sell most of it. and i think we can fit it into a half of a 20foot container. otherwise we wit it into a 20foot. but the price i got quoted was £4100.(Company angelo pacific) flip thats $ 8200. sorry i shipped stuff here to the Uk for $5000. £2100 (currency then)

Does anyone know of a cheaper company to use? I really don't want to waste so much money, but i also want a reliable service. and NO broken items.

Thanks.

And good luck to everyone who's applying for Visa, and we will see you in Aus (Adelaide for us
we got cheaper quotes than that from dorree bonner and pickfords. We're going with dorree bonner as they impressed us most.

Including them packing it all we're paying them something like £2,300
Old Jun 6th 2008, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that, I'll give them a call and see what the quote is.

I just got a email quote from shipit and they say for a 20foot container is £3380. Abit better then the first one. But i think i might be able to get better.

If anyone else has anyone thats cheaper. keep in mind we do have a 3 bed house (well 2 bed and a cupboard.lol )

here we come Adelaide hand on what am i saying. im aussie and ive lived everywhere (except Adelaide) lol
Old Jun 6th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hereshoping
we got cheaper quotes than that from dorree bonner and pickfords. We're going with dorree bonner as they impressed us most.

Including them packing it all we're paying them something like £2,300
Hi, are you having a full 20ft container for that??
We have just been quoted £3500 for a full 20ft to perth by Whites, we are waiting for the quote from PSS.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Definatley shop around , as to share a 20ft container, it should be no more than 2k to 2 and a half thousand, but I do notice that in the north we pay cheaper than the south.if you can get companies to beat quotes, that will be what will makes it cheaper for you, we got mates who worked for John Masons to do it 1st time round for us,2k it cost for a shared 20ft container, we had all contents of a 3 bed house.

Bluekipper
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

JoButtress is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I've had a couple of quotes - one with Anglo Pacific, who were very expensive. And the other with John Mason International - recommended through the visa agent we used. The guy who came to my house was very knowledgeable and able to give advice and what/what not to take. We've decided to ship almost all our gear - equivalent of about a 2-bed house-full of furniture, inc. white goods. We're sharing a container and the total cost, door-door is going to be £3,300. I've weighed up this cost with the cost of replacing items when we arrive - and it can be pricey, which is why we've decided take the lot.

I'm not sure if this is true, however, I have been told that most big airlines will double your baggage allowance if you can prove that your emmigrating - so 20kg on a route via asia will become 40kg and even more than that if you travel via the States - I believe this has to be agreed direct with the airline and not via your travel agent. Every little helps - esp. if you're travelling with kids!!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:27 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoButtress
Hi! I've had a couple of quotes - one with Anglo Pacific, who were very expensive. And the other with John Mason International - recommended through the visa agent we used. The guy who came to my house was very knowledgeable and able to give advice and what/what not to take. We've decided to ship almost all our gear - equivalent of about a 2-bed house-full of furniture, inc. white goods. We're sharing a container and the total cost, door-door is going to be £3,300. I've weighed up this cost with the cost of replacing items when we arrive - and it can be pricey, which is why we've decided take the lot.

I'm not sure if this is true, however, I have been told that most big airlines will double your baggage allowance if you can prove that your emmigrating - so 20kg on a route via asia will become 40kg and even more than that if you travel via the States - I believe this has to be agreed direct with the airline and not via your travel agent. Every little helps - esp. if you're travelling with kids!!
We used John Mason who were excellent. After a few months we realised that there was a whole box of computer software missing but are certain that it was not the guys that packed us. More likely happened at some warehouse or other.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JoButtress

£3300 seems quite alot for a shared container is it a 20ft or 40ft shared?? Cos we have only been quoted £3500 for a full 20ft container?
Old Jun 7th 2008, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Thank you everyone, This is good to know as we are trying to save as much money as possible. (like everyone else)

Like i said i got a quote from 1st movers 20foot container (full) for £3300.
I'm going to shop around and get a quote from masons. And ring around a few more, I would like to get the movers down to £3000 at least with insurance and packing.

Please keep the information coming. It just doesn't help me, it helps other people in the same situation.

I can't wait to get back to Aus
Old Jun 7th 2008, 11:26 am
Julie and Dave

Jad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud of

Hi,

We used Robinsons and for 560 cubit ft it cost 2200. They we great and they used Grace at this end who were also great, we only had 2 breakages and they were boxed check by customs, so in all we had a really good experience. Also that was from the north west of England pull packing to Perth. Hope that helps
Old Jun 7th 2008, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nice

Anglo Pacific, 20ft sole use container, Scotland -> Perth, WA - £3300. Around 820cu ft of goods once packed, nothing broken well worth the price.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

famousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Aus_xena
hello All.

Thanks.

hiya, someone posted a great web link on here to access a diy quoting tool its..
http://www.johnmason.com

it'll give you some idea of which company is in the right ball park

good luck with everything
lou x