Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP....Dog info PLZZZ

HELP....Dog info PLZZZ

Old Apr 28th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all
Question HELP....Dog info PLZZZ

My loverly german shepard is due to have her boosters next month.

What i really dont understand is the lepto thingie.

We hope to be sending her off in Feb 08 so do we go ahead with the boosters or what.

Please help me peeps, cannot ask export co as dont have one yet still waiting for the visa man to say YES!!!

Thanks guys

Old Apr 28th 2007, 9:22 am
skye

Default Re: HELP....Dog info PLZZZ

Our two had their vaccs without the Lepto - just to make sure they pass their blood tests ready to go - If I were you I would leave it out!

Old Apr 28th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mum01753

We hope to be sending her off in Feb 08 so do we go ahead with the boosters or what.

Please help me peeps, cannot ask export co as dont have one yet still waiting for the visa man to say YES!!!

Thanks guys

When she goes for her boosters MAKE SURE THEY DONT give the Lepto part of the vaccine. She will not be allowed in to Aus if she has had it. It can take up to 12 months to clear her system so it's not worth the risk. Once she is vaccinated just keep her away from water that may have rats and she will be fine. Some vets use a triple vaccine that has the lepto included so be very sure as to what your vet is giving her. We brought our GSD girl over in January and she is settling in fine, no problems at all with her
Tracie
Old Apr 29th 2007, 2:02 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Thanks guys

Yep get the boosters done and tell the vet not to give the lepto part of the vaccine.
Just a quick question though assuming your visa is validated why are you sending her literally the last minute? Or are you coming over to validate your visa first?
Just noticed your meds where done the beginning of feb so you will have to be here by the beginning of feb 08, just from the last few years looking at peeps on here leaving everything to the last minute can sometimes back fire!

Booking her in may in itself be a nightmare, my MIL is sending her dog out in June and hopes to be sold up by then and if not I will have to go pick her up.

Jen
Old Apr 29th 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jensteve
Yep get the boosters done and tell the vet not to give the lepto part of the vaccine.
Just a quick question though assuming your visa is validated why are you sending her literally the last minute? Or are you coming over to validate your visa first?
Just noticed your meds where done the beginning of feb so you will have to be here by the beginning of feb 08, just from the last few years looking at peeps on here leaving everything to the last minute can sometimes back fire!

Booking her in may in itself be a nightmare, my MIL is sending her dog out in June and hopes to be sold up by then and if not I will have to go pick her up.

Jen
Thanks for your replies, i will def let the vet know not to give the lepto jab and the info bout rats n water i didnt know so thanks for that too.

We had meds done middle of march and have not been granted visa yet.
There a many reasons in going feb i seems to be the ideal timing for us.

I do have a sister in perth already so i could send jazzie (my gsd) earlier why do you say it not a good idea to go last minute?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for your replies, i will def let the vet know not to give the lepto jab and the info bout rats n water i didnt know so thanks for that too.

We had meds done middle of march and have not been granted visa yet.
There a many reasons in going feb i seems to be the ideal timing for us.

I do have a sister in perth already so i could send jazzie (my gsd) earlier why do you say it not a good idea to go last minute?
Perth quarantine gets very booked up. It is a good Idea to get her place booked months in advance. We came out on November 5th last year and could not get our girl into Perth until January. If you know you are coming in Feb I would get her booked in ASAP.
Tracie
Old Apr 30th 2007, 1:05 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Tell them not to give the lepto part of the vaccination.Our dog got his with it in May and failed the bloodtest in January.He passed the 2nd time 2 weeks later but it was stressful as his flight was booked for the end of Jan.