Help!! Does Anyone Know?

Wikiposts

Help!! Does Anyone Know?

Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:02 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help!! Does Anyone Know?

Originally Posted by spalen
bnf is available online:www.bnf.org.uk
Yup just logged in and Solpadine contains paracetamol, codeine and caffeine. So only difference to co-codamol is the caffeine part - should def be an alternative in Oz

Lynn
Old Mar 16th 2005, 8:16 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Yup just logged in and Solpadine contains paracetamol, codeine and caffeine. So only difference to co-codamol is the caffeine part - should def be an alternative in Oz

Lynn
There are heaps of tabs & solubles with Paracetamol & codeine in them here, I think the problem is that none of them have caffeine. Anything you buy with codeine in it that can be bought over the counter must be registered by the pharmacist ie they take your name & address & is logged into the database so that they can keep a track on someone buying too much codeine.

Having said that, dont know what use that is, as they dont even check the name & address you give anyway, you could tell them anything .

Someone else mentioned before not being able to buy anything with codeine in the US, interestingly I found the same thing in Italy, straight paracetamol wasnt enough to take the edge off my backache, but I couldnt get anything stronger .

The problem of course is that every country has different rules about what drugs are allowed to be sold either by script or over the counter or not at all. Just as an example, when we travelled back to the UK last year we had to stop in Thailand. Luckily we only had to get off the plane & then back on after they had refuelled as the boys take a drug that is totally illegal in Thailand & being caught with it is punishable by the death penalty :scared: :scared: . Someone once said on this forum that they had flown all over the world, taking drugs & medicines with them & had never bothered to check or declare any of them with customs. Given the scare we had getting through Thailand, I wouldnt be so complacent about it anymore!

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Mar 16th 2005 at 8:24 am. Reason: cant type to save my life!
Old Mar 16th 2005, 8:26 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Help!! Does Anyone Know?

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
There are heaps of tabs & solubles with Paracetamol & codeine in them here, I think the problem is that none of them have caffeine. Anything you buy with codeine in it that can be bought over the counter must be registered by the pharmacist ie they take your name & address & is logged into the database so that they can keep a track on someone buying too much codeine.

Having said that, dont know what use that is, as they dont even check the name & address you give anyway, you could tell them anything .

Someone else mentioned before not being able to buy anything with codeine in the US, interestingly I found the same thing in Italy, straight paracetamol wasnt enough to take the edge off my backache, but I couldnt get anything stronger .

The problem of course is that every country has different rules about what drugs are allowed to be sold either by script or over the counter or not at all. Just as an example, when we travelled back to the UK last year we has to stop in Thailand. Luckily we only had to get off the plane & then back on after they had refuelled as the boys take a drug that is totally illegal in Thailand & being caught with it is punishable by the death penalty :scared: :scared: . Someone once said on this forum that they had flown all over the world, taking drugs & medicines with them & had never bothered to check or declare any of them with customs. Given the scare we had getting through Thailand, I wouldnt be so complacent about it anymore!
mmm..I only know about US after travelling there with co-codamol (on prescription) I had a migraine ran out and then found out you couldnt buy it, then realised there are tight controls at immigration, luckily for me I wasnt stopped, will carry my script this time though

spalens wife
Old Mar 16th 2005, 8:38 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not dissolve it in a cup of espresso?
Old Mar 16th 2005, 9:02 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
mmm..I only know about US after travelling there with co-codamol (on prescription) I had a migraine ran out and then found out you couldnt buy it, then realised there are tight controls at immigration, luckily for me I wasnt stopped, will carry my script this time though

spalens wife
Yep, always a good idea to carry the script with you &, depending on the drug, have a letter from the doctor detailing the reason you take it & the dosage.

MsD (currently counting out tablets exactly in preparation for US customs tommorrow)
Old Mar 16th 2005, 9:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
Why not dissolve it in a cup of espresso?
A friend had a major hangover once and I handed him some solpadeine, but he only had coke so the silly b*gger disolved them in that - OMG I gagged whilst he drank it. He was violently sick afterwards though
Old Mar 16th 2005, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I know 'Mersyndol Night time' are very effective.

Get the night time ones though.
Mersyndol is very effective. It's the only pill that will stop my husbands headaches
Old Mar 16th 2005, 12:52 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Mersyndol is very effective. It's the only pill that will stop my husbands headaches
I was recently recommended Mersyndol too as I'd trapped a nerve in my back. I went to see the Pharmacist and was recommended Dolased instead as it's less expensive but has the same ingredients as Mersyndol [I didn't check so not 100% sure...too much pain and couldn't be ars*d to look either ]

Anyways....suppose what I'm saying is it might be worth you trying Dolased as a cheaper alternative to Mersyndol

The other thing too...they're bloody great as pain killers but they are a relaxant too [to help you sleep].....but be careful cos they make you extremely dopey / drowsy even the next day.

The day after taking them I was so relaxed......if I could have played a guitar, sang a few happy clappy hippy songs...and kissed the whole world.....then I would have done

They're good

Old Mar 16th 2005, 1:01 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
I was recently recommended Mersyndol too as I'd trapped a nerve in my back. I went to see the Pharmacist and was recommended Dolased instead as it's less expensive but has the same ingredients as Mersyndol [I didn't check so not 100% sure...too much pain and couldn't be ars*d to look either ]

Anyways....suppose what I'm saying is it might be worth you trying Dolased as a cheaper alternative to Mersyndol

The other thing too...they're bloody great as pain killers but they are a relaxant too [to help you sleep].....but be careful cos they make you extremely dopey / drowsy even the next day.

The day after taking them I was so relaxed......if I could have played a guitar, sang a few happy clappy hippy songs...and kissed the whole world.....then I would have done

They're good
Are you sure it was'nt a ½" Oz of Ganja & a packet of Rizla's the doctor gave you
Old Mar 16th 2005, 2:13 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Spoke to the pharmacist & theres no big deal with the Solpadine,the Codeine is a small amount,she also doesnt see a problem with bringing it to Oz as long as it wasnt a case full! (we explained how much we had brought in our case)
As for having ordered it online from the UK it is up to that company to get clearance for the Solpadine, again she didnt see it as a big deal.

I am still waiting to hear if the order has been accepted,i recieved an email this morning saying that our order was with the pharmacist & waiting to be authorised.

Will let you all know when i recieve it.

Donna.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 2:23 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Lerop Pekill
Are you sure it was'nt a ½" Oz of Ganja & a packet of Rizla's the doctor gave you
Naaa....only 1/2 Oz

You big girls blouse

Old Mar 16th 2005, 2:28 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by madsad
Spoke to the pharmacist & theres no big deal with the Solpadine,the Codeine is a small amount,she also doesnt see a problem with bringing it to Oz as long as it wasnt a case full! (we explained how much we had brought in our case)
As for having ordered it online from the UK it is up to that company to get clearance for the Solpadine, again she didnt see it as a big deal.

I am still waiting to hear if the order has been accepted,i recieved an email this morning saying that our order was with the pharmacist & waiting to be authorised.

Will let you all know when i recieve it.

Donna.
Cheers for the feedback Donna......maybe you wanna try the stonger stuff

I've just had another idea....get yourself a puppy and give him/her some and they'll be too zonked to chew the rental place

You can then tie the dog onto a hellium baloon ....outside...... for when the landlord comes for inspection

Old Mar 16th 2005, 2:32 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

I've just had another idea....get yourself a puppy and give him/her some and they'll be too zonked to chew the rental place

You can then tie the dog onto a hellium baloon ....outside...... for when the landlord comes for inspection

Thats a great idea!! not only will i have the drug squad on my tail but the RSPCA too !!!

Donna.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 2:36 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Naaa....only 1/2 Oz

You big girls blouse
ok then are you sure it was'nt a mega bong made from a 2 ltr coke bottle with a piece of Moroccan resin the size of swansea in it?
Old Mar 16th 2005, 2:50 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

You sure you've not been smoking something?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.