Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help desperate for a decent curry -Good Indian Restaurants on Gold Coast

Help desperate for a decent curry -Good Indian Restaurants on Gold Coast

Old Apr 16th 2009, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

fific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to all
Default Help desperate for a decent curry -Good Indian Restaurants on Gold Coast

I am hoping that fellow curry lovers can point me in the direction of a brilliant Indian on the Gold Coast.

Over to you
Old Apr 16th 2009, 3:59 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Help desperate for a decent curry -Good Indian Restaurants on Gold Coast

Do you fancy coming a bit higher to the Brisbane Bayside ?

Just google: " Where is the Best British Style Indian Curry in Australia "

Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:16 am
Just Joined

NessieNoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help desperate for a decent curry -Good Indian Restaurants on Gold Coast

Likewise in Perth?
We tried Tandoor in Leederville that came recommended and it was ok but not the missing link...
This has to be a marketing opportunity of a lifetime?!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:39 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fific
I am hoping that fellow curry lovers can point me in the direction of a brilliant Indian on the Gold Coast.

Over to you
OH yet to find a decent one............. X
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Whatever you do dont go to the one at Varsity.. Quish I think its called.

We went there a week ago and the chicken in my meal was raw!!

I was soo ill for 2 days!!

The worst of it was we were meant to go to the indian kitchen on christine corner which comes highly recommended...

Once I feel better I will try it...
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WelshSarah
Whatever you do dont go to the one at Varsity.. Quish I think its called.

We went there a week ago and the chicken in my meal was raw!!

I was soo ill for 2 days!!

The worst of it was we were meant to go to the indian kitchen on christine corner which comes highly recommended...

Once I feel better I will try it...
We quite like the one at Christine Corner. Providing you don't expect a UK doppelgänger (afterall we are in Aus) you should enjoy it. The other one that's not bad is India Hut at Robina (the food but on the ringroad not in the centre.

Talking of which, has anyone been there since the new bit opened up? I HATE IT :curse: Could be anywhere in the world. Won't be going there very often!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

cockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant future

ATTENTION EVERYONE!
try

http://www.realcurryrecipes.co.uk/

it's a forum that shows u how to make proper british/indian curries and it's the real deal, i've tried a few and they turned out near perfect except the vindaloo which seems to take a bit more practice and tweaking
the information on here comes from 10 different restuarants around the uk
Old Apr 16th 2009, 8:39 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. Wish I had found this earlier as I am having a crack at a Balti tonight and there are so many different recipes. Brilliant site.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 9:49 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fific

Over to you
If you are willing to drive 50 minutes up the highway Spice Ave at Birkdale does 'British style baltis', there are regular expats curry nights arranged which I can recommend.
On the GC the best we have come across are 'Anand Sagar', 31 Station St Nerang http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...00#post7077900, and Saffron, Broadbeach.

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Talking of which, has anyone been there since the new bit opened up? I HATE IT :curse: Could be anywhere in the world. Won't be going there very often!

I agree. It cements my opinion that Robina is the Aussie version of Milton Keynes.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND RANDHAWA'S INDIAN CUISINE ,HOPE ISLAND ROAD opposite the 7-11 and subway Hope Island. The best curry we've had since living here, it reminded us of our local indian in the village we used to live in the uk.They are open 7 days a week 10am -10pm .

Allyson
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

DONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really nice

Geeze my mate makes a mean Indian curry, just made me and a few friends one for me for my birthday the other night, all the proper spices, I can honestly say they are the best, his family are Indian so has always been brought up around Indian cooking, makes great samosa and onion bargi (spelling) I have had a few Indian nights round my house where we have given him the money for the ingredients and he has made us the curry, great night, makes a change from a bbq.

Sarah x
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:27 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by DONOVAN
Geeze my mate makes a mean Indian curry, just made me and a few friends one for me for my birthday the other night, all the proper spices, I can honestly say they are the best, his family are Indian so has always been brought up around Indian cooking, makes great samosa and onion bargi (spelling) I have had a few Indian nights round my house where we have given him the money for the ingredients and he has made us the curry, great night, makes a change from a bbq.

Sarah x
Ah, but isn't that a proper Indian Curry, as opposed to a British Indian curry ?

I remember the first real Indian curry that I had, it was very different to the UK ones that I was accustomed to.

Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

DONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really nice

Totally proper, I am part Indian myself and when I tasted his it really reminded me of how my mum used to cook a good old Indian from scratch when I was a kid, lovely just with he would open a take away for all to try, but for now just have to keep on with the dinner parties.

Sarah x
Old Apr 17th 2009, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Originally Posted by DONOVAN
Totally proper, I am part Indian myself and when I tasted his it really reminded me of how my mum used to cook a good old Indian from scratch when I was a kid, lovely just with he would open a take away for all to try, but for now just have to keep on with the dinner parties.

Sarah x
There is one in Tugun which is OK but it certainly ain't the Spice Avenue up in Birkdale - that place is absolutley fantastic :-)
Old Apr 17th 2009, 3:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Billabong
There is one in Tugun which is OK but it certainly ain't the Spice Avenue up in Birkdale - that place is absolutley fantastic :-)
We like the Tugun one but aren't impressed with the Birkdale one. I think we've just developed Aussie tastebuds or something weird. When when went back last year, we went to two of our favourite indians and just weren't impressed - must have been thinking of them through rose tints

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.