Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP daughter flys tomorrow 12th heathrow on strike

HELP daughter flys tomorrow 12th heathrow on strike

Old Aug 11th 2005, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default HELP daughter flys tomorrow 12th heathrow on strike

Just had a call from 16 year old daughter who flys tomorrow from Glasgow to Heathrow and then onto Hong Kong and Perth.

Apparantly baggage handlers for BA in Heathrow are on strike.

I have tried like hell to contact the airline but they are permantly engaged.

Being in Perth myself it is a bloody nightmare.

Megan flys Cathay Pacific operated by BA from Glasgow.

As she is not using BA when she arrives in Heathrow does anyone know if she will be effected.

Its 3.16 am here in Perth and I should be in bed but I am climbing the walls worrying that she wont be able to get her flight tomorrow evening at 19.40.

Can anyone help me please.

Mags
Old Aug 11th 2005, 7:24 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HELP daughter flys tomorrow 12th heathrow on strike

Originally Posted by maggy
Just had a call from 16 year old daughter who flys tomorrow from Glasgow to Heathrow and then onto Hong Kong and Perth.

As she is not using BA when she arrives in Heathrow does anyone know if she will be effected.

Its 3.16 am here in Perth and I should be in bed but I am climbing the walls worrying that she wont be able to get her flight tomorrow evening at 19.40.

Mags
I can't tell you any answers I'm afraid, but I will keep an eye on the news here and if they say anything significant I will let you know. Is there anyone she knows around the Heathrow end of the country who could possibly keep her company while she sorts thigs out?

Wishing you and your daughter well.

Anne
Old Aug 11th 2005, 7:24 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Think its the catering staff on strike Maggy & hopefully just a one day thing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/4142408.stm
Old Aug 11th 2005, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy

Sorry to contradict, Bordy, but the baggage handlers have come out on unofficial strike as well and BA have cancelled all European flights. Don't know yet about long haul.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Baggage handlers too Bill.

God this is a nightmare as it has taken Megan 14 months to find the courage to come and join me in Perth .

She is worried enough about doing the flight without all this too and Im afraid that if she does not make the flight she may change her mind and decide to stay in Scotland.

Thanks Anne i would really appreciate if youcould let me know of any news.

Im hoping that if I go to bed I will wake up to good news.
Fingers crossed.

Her flight is at 19.40 departing from Glasgow to London Heathrow flight number CX226 Cathay Pacific operated by BA.

Fingers crossed everyone.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 7:34 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Sorry didn't know about baggage handlers to. I should have known, its Summer in UK.

Good luck Maggy fingers & toes crossed that Megan gets on that plane & it leaves in time.

If shes anything like her mother I hope they stock the bar well.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Sorry to contradict, Bordy, but the baggage handlers have come out on unofficial strike as well and BA have cancelled all European flights. Don't know yet about long haul.

So it looks like Megans flight from Glasgow to London will be cancelled then.

SHIT SHIT SHIT

Gonna go and bloody well cry now.

Mental note

MAGGY HAS OFFICIALLY LOST HER SPARKLE
Old Aug 11th 2005, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough

Hi, many BA flights are currently disrupted. Go to http://www.britishairways.com/travel...p/public/en_gb
and select arrivals/departures and you will see the cancellations. If your daughter does not get to LHR on BA in time for the Cathay departure, she will miss the flight connection. It's quite possible further BA flights will be cancelled tomorrow.

In your position, I'd try to get to LHR as early as possible tomorrow, or even today if it wasn't too late. You can try rebooking to bring forward your flight, but I'd say there are many other people trying to do the same thing.

Note you have to be quite careful what you do, as if you don't turn up for the scheduled flight, and the whole itinerary is booked through on a single ticket, then failure to fly the first sector may result in cancellation of the whole iitinerary (and sale of your seat to someone else).

My expectation is the Cathay flight will depart LHR as normal. You just have to get to London somehow.

You've really got to get back to your travel agent and talk to them.

Failing that, get on the train down now!

Last edited by Storini; Aug 11th 2005 at 7:43 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 7:41 pm

So it looks like Megans flight from Glasgow to London will be cancelled then.

SHIT SHIT SHIT

Gonna go and bloody well cry now.

Mental note

MAGGY HAS OFFICIALLY LOST HER SPARKLE
Don't panic. Only Europe at the moment. Now that you have given me her flight number I can try checking on teletext departures tomorrow to see if there is any information. I have added you to my buddy list so that I can find you easily again. I'm sure she will be out to see you and in no time she will be in your arms.

Anne x
Old Aug 11th 2005, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry didn't know about baggage handlers to. I should have known, its Summer in UK.

Good luck Maggy fingers & toes crossed that Megan gets on that plane & it leaves in time.

If shes anything like her mother I hope they stock the bar well.

Dont know about Megan but I need a bloody good drink now.

IM GUTTED BEYOND BELIEF AWAY TO BED TO CRY NOW.

Night Night Bill

sob sob sob
Old Aug 11th 2005, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

BESWETAJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Mags
Yes Mags, chill out don't stress out - so she may be delayed a day or two but worth waiting for and so long as she arrives safe and sound does it matter she may be a day or two late getting to you? No worries mate .

The Poet
Old Aug 11th 2005, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BESWETAJ
Yes Mags, chill out don't stress out - so she may be delayed a day or two but worth waiting for and so long as she arrives safe and sound does it matter she may be a day or two late getting to you? No worries mate .

The Poet

As long as she is not delayed in airport as she is only 16.

Its a complicted story and she really needs to get here asap

thanks
Old Aug 11th 2005, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flight Details

12th

Cathay pacific operated BA
CX226 departs Glasgow19.40 to Heathrow
Arrives 21.05

Cathay Pacific
CX254 departs Heathrow 22.35 to Hong Kong
Arrives 13th 17.50

Cathay Pacific
CX171 departs Hong Kong 23.55 arrives Perth 07.35
Old Aug 11th 2005, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough

That flight schedule only leaves 90 minutes for the flight connection at LHR, which really is cutting it fine for long haul. Definitely try to get to LHR well before then, either by rebooking on an earlier flight, or with another airline if necessary.

Due to the cancellations, aircraft will be in the "wrong place" for the planned schedules, and so disruption tomorrow is inevitable.

If you do fly from GLA with someone else, make sure Cathay know.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Storini
That flight schedule only leaves 90 minutes for the flight connection at LHR, which really is cutting it fine for long haul. Definitely try to get to LHR well before then, either by rebooking on an earlier flight, or with another airline if necessary.

Due to the cancellations, aircraft will be in the "wrong place" for the planned schedules, and so disruption tomorrow is inevitable.

If you do fly from GLA with someone else, make sure Cathay know.
she has an e ticket that she needs to collect at cathay check in desk tomorrow when she books in.

I cant book another flight for tonight as it would mean she would not have other tickets.

Nightmare or what.

Ground staff at HEATHROW were to meet her and make sure she made connecting flight.

I guess its not going to happen now.

thanks to everyone for their help it has been very much appreciated especially to anne4terry for your PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.