Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help with Couriers....

Help with Couriers....

Old Oct 15th 2005, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of
Default Help with Couriers....

Hi folks..Ive got a small wedge of paperwork to send from the UK to Perth,ive been told to send it recorded with a decent firm ie Fedex,DHL or thingy..erm the brown un'??? anyhoot has anybody done similar??..Thanx in advance
Old Oct 15th 2005, 7:14 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Default Re: Help with Couriers....

Originally Posted by SBUK
Hi folks..Ive got a small wedge of paperwork to send from the UK to Perth,ive been told to send it recorded with a decent firm ie Fedex,DHL or thingy..erm the brown un'??? anyhoot has anybody done similar??..Thanx in advance
i send a load of paperwork to melbourne with fex ex .. cost £49 and got there in three days ...
Old Oct 16th 2005, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

lian and jon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cam_uk
i send a load of paperwork to melbourne with fex ex .. cost £49 and got there in three days ...
Hi there,

I would recommend DHL and you can track online every time the package moves location. One tip, dont go directly through DHL but book it through Interparcel:
http://www.interparcel.com/

They bulk buy and use DHL. The great thing is it is about half the price of DHL direct, you book and pay online and they will pick up from your house or office.

Good Luck

Jon
Old Oct 16th 2005, 6:12 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

good to know, thanks a lot.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

We have used UPS in the past with no probs, but might try interparcel
Old Oct 16th 2005, 6:40 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Help with Couriers....

Originally Posted by lian and jon
I would recommend DHL and you can track online every time the package moves location. One tip, dont go directly through DHL but book it through Interparcel:
http://www.interparcel.com/

They bulk buy and use DHL. The great thing is it is about half the price of DHL direct, you book and pay online and they will pick up from your house or office.
Spot on..........use Interparcel as I think it cost us about £28 and you can track it all the way blah, blah, blah.

R.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 6:46 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carruss
Spot on..........use Interparcel as I think it cost us about £28 and you can track it all the way blah, blah, blah.

R.

Yep reccomend what he says!!

Kris xx
Old Oct 16th 2005, 9:12 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Yep reccomend what he says!!

Kris xx

I will second that Interparcel use DHL at half the price and same service.... you can track all the way
Jane x
Old Oct 16th 2005, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Red face Re: Help with Couriers....

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
I will second that Interparcel use DHL at half the price and same service.... you can track all the way
Jane x

we used the royal mail international signed for service...the most expensive item was a wadge of documentation costing £31. we have used them on 3-4 boccassions and are able to trace items online...no problem whatsoever. Also used the Australian Post Office srvice to send cheque back to Britain...excellent online tracking system...took three-four days.

BB
Old Oct 16th 2005, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

I will have to agree with Jon, use Interparcel.

We sent our docs with them, cost us £20 less than DHL, and they used DHL and got there in 3 days.

Aslo able to track through DHL website.

Graham
Old Oct 17th 2005, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gravyman
I will have to agree with Jon, use Interparcel.

We sent our docs with them, cost us £20 less than DHL, and they used DHL and got there in 3 days.

Aslo able to track through DHL website.

Graham

I would recommend DHL everytime!! Avoid Parcel Farce.

SS