Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP !!! Centrelink question

HELP !!! Centrelink question

Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default HELP !!! Centrelink question

My wife has been made redudant so I need to work out if we can claim any centrelink benifit

Does anyone know if you must include you tax free redudncy pay when doing your estimate ??

Martin
Old Jan 17th 2009, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP !!! Centrelink question

Sorry to hear that news
If I were you I'd phone or go into your local office and get advice straight from them so you know what's what
Old Jan 17th 2009, 3:20 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
My wife has been made redudant so I need to work out if we can claim any centrelink benifit

Does anyone know if you must include you tax free redudncy pay when doing your estimate ??

Martin

Have you looked at http://www.centrelink.gov.au
Are you Australian citizens, or if permanent residents, have you got at least 2 years residence?
Old Jan 17th 2009, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JAJ
Have you looked at http://www.centrelink.gov.au
Are you Australian citizens, or if permanent residents, have you got at least 2 years residence?
We are PR's and have been here for 3 odd years on a 136 visa, so no worries on that score , I have looked at the website but no mention of reduncy being or not being included in asseable income.

Also have been told may be able to claim the $1k per kid that K Rudd was giving out but can't see it myself
Old Jan 17th 2009, 7:18 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

We are PR's and have been here for 3 odd years on a 136 visa, so no worries on that score , I have looked at the website but no mention of reduncy being or not being included in asseable income.

Also have been told may be able to claim the $1k per kid that K Rudd was giving out but can't see it myself
The $1k per kid depended on your family income really. I think you had to qualify for familly tax benefit A in order to get it.

We earned too much to qualify for it tough so we missed out on $2k.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by comet555
The $1k per kid depended on your family income really. I think you had to qualify for familly tax benefit A in order to get it.

We earned too much to qualify for it tough so we missed out on $2k.
we would of been over on the income 2 if we were both still employed , but i seem to remebr you had to be claiming tax benift A in Oct

All I can do is ask when I ring them on Monday
Old Jan 17th 2009, 7:56 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

we would of been over on the income 2 if we were both still employed , but i seem to remebr you had to be claiming tax benift A in Oct

All I can do is ask when I ring them on Monday
I wonder if you'd still get it if your income at the end of the tax year was under the threshold? Not sure, worth asking to see though. Hope you do manage to get it.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by comet555
I wonder if you'd still get it if your income at the end of the tax year was under the threshold? Not sure, worth asking to see though. Hope you do manage to get it.

Thanks hope I get it to , Although would rather be in the postion not to qualify for it

Martin