Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help on business migration

help on business migration

Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

leby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help on business migration

can any one help ,we have been granted a business visa and have a 4 year business visa we have 3 years 4 months left on my visa hopeing to go perth , as we have family there
they have lived in aus for 14 years
what are business opps like in perth
Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:16 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help on business migration

Originally Posted by leby
can any one help ,we have been granted a business visa and have a 4 year business visa we have 3 years 4 months left on my visa hopeing to go perth , as we have family there
Welcome Leby

Do you mean the business investment visa where you have to buy a business ?

What line of business would you be looking for ?

Sorry, I can't help on this caregory but there have been a few so hopefully you will get some answers.

Good luck.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 8:50 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Welcome Leby

Do you mean the business investment visa where you have to buy a business ?

What line of business would you be looking for ?

Sorry, I can't help on this caregory but there have been a few so hopefully you will get some answers.

Good luck.
Looks like we drew a blank leby so try posting your question on the immigration forum here.....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 7:04 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Can you confirm the type of 457 visa you have, as there are two: the employer sponsored 457, and the no longer available 457 Independent Executive visa. The latter allows a pathway to permanent residence if you set up or acquire a business in Australia (see:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=258)

I assume you have a 457-IE visa; can you confirm? If this is the case I imagine you prepared a business plan to obtain the visa ... are you thinking of now doing something different to the business activity that formed the basis of the plan?

I think you will probably also need to move yourselves to Perth (or to go on an extended holiday) to set up the business and to develop your business plans more fully. If you want some contacts in Perth send me an email or a Private Message.

Best regards.

Old Oct 3rd 2004, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

leby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Can you confirm the type of 457 visa you have, as there are two: the employer sponsored 457, and the no longer available 457 Independent Executive visa. The latter allows a pathway to permanent residence if you set up or acquire a business in Australia (see:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=258)

I assume you have a 457-IE visa; can you confirm? If this is the case I imagine you prepared a business plan to obtain the visa ... are you thinking of now doing something different to the business activity that formed the basis of the plan?

I think you will probably also need to move yourselves to Perth (or to go on an extended holiday) to set up the business and to develop your business plans more fully. If you want some contacts in Perth send me an email or a Private Message.

Best regards.

thank you for your reply yes it is a 457/IE visa we have been granted, If you know of any business brokers we would be very gratefull.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 12:12 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

This firm might be worth contacting:
http://www.buyabusiness.com.au

Best regards.

thank you for your reply yes it is a 457/IE visa we have been granted, If you know of any business brokers we would be very gratefull.