Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help. brissie furnished accommodation wanted

help. brissie furnished accommodation wanted

Old Jun 25th 2005, 9:44 am
stevenpoole9

Default help. brissie furnished accommodation wanted

We are due to fly to Brisbane on the 31st July. We need furnished accommodation for the first 8 weeks until our furniture arrives. We are looking for 3+bedrooms with a pool ideally.We have tried Brisbanebound but their houses are already booked. Our only option at the moment is holiday apartments, and at 200.00 pounds a night it will eat into our savings rapidly.

Old Jun 25th 2005, 9:53 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help. brissie furnished accommodation wanted

Originally Posted by stevenpoole9
We are due to fly to Brisbane on the 31st July. We need furnished accommodation for the first 8 weeks until our furniture arrives. We are looking for 3+bedrooms with a pool ideally.We have tried Brisbanebound but their houses are already booked. Our only option at the moment is holiday apartments, and at 200.00 pounds a night it will eat into our savings rapidly.
Steve, did you get my email with the suggestions?

And not sure if you realise, but its absolutely bloody freezing here now (& will be until about Oct), its winter - not sure why you think you would need a pool :scared:
Old Jun 25th 2005, 9:57 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously you do NOT need Air conditioning - you need Heating.

A pool wil be useless unless its heated.

www.seqrents.com.au is the place you need - all rentals etc, most short term negotiable.

I can personally recommend (but only 2beds) promenade at clayfield on seqrents.com.au , manhattan at newstead is also by same company and high standard of furnishing etc. Promenade has a pool and aircon, not sure if they had any 3bed units.

We took furnished for 3 weeks so you with 8 weeks wont have a problem negotiating a shorter lease.

By the way - If you are doing it solely because of furniture - you should work out what it costs you extra because you can buy beds from ikea and all the gumpf to go with them for not a lot of $$ , of course you need freezer/etc as well but it wont be that much difference if youve' got to buy some fo this stuff already.
Old Jun 25th 2005, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

The following web site has been mentioned here numerous times. Have a look - there are lots of furnished apartments as well as houses in and near Brisbane:

http://www.seqrents.com.au/

Have you got an idea of where you want to spend the first 8 weeks? In the city or any particular suburb? We rented a furnished 2-bedroom apartment in Newstead (very close to CBD) for 6 weeks and it was $450-550 per week. There was a swimming pool shared by all tenants. It was in August - too cold for us to get out into the water. There were however some brave German travellers in the pool everyday.

Good luck,
Mrs JTL
Old Jun 25th 2005, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
www.seqrents.com.au is the place you need - all rentals etc, most short term negotiable.
You beat me to it!

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 25th 2005, 10:03 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
You beat me to it!

Mrs JTL
I emailed him with seqrents & about 3 or 4 other suggestions weeks ago!
Old Jun 25th 2005, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
I emailed him with seqrents & about 3 or 4 other suggestions weeks ago!
Alright alright, you beat us both to it then! So may be he wasn't interested in any of them? Or didn't receive the email? Or worse, all suggested accommodations are taken?!

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 25th 2005, 10:21 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Alright alright, you beat us both to it then! So may be he wasn't interested in any of them? Or didn't receive the email? Or worse, all suggested accommodations are taken?!

Mrs JTL
Yeah thats why I wondered if he had actually got the email or not?

Hi Steve,

The only other fully furnished houses that I know of are http://www.brisbanecottages.com.au/ . None of them are in the bayside area (although there are ones at Bulimba which is a nice area, close to the city & not too far away from bayside) & all of them are very expensive (compared to us anyway!), but if you specifically looking for a house, then they might suit.

However if you are looking for something a little less expensive, my only other suggestions are for you to look at www.seqrents.com.au you can choose short term accomodation, there may be something suitable there. There are very few furnished self contained places around this area, other suggestions are www.gatewayvillage.com.au or http://www.brisbaneholiday.com.au/ neither of them are actually in the Bayside area, but they arent too far away. My last suggestion is a place called Pelicans Nestle Inn which is right on the waterfront at Wynnum, they have 1 & 2 bedroom apartments.. They dont have a website, but their contact details are Pelicans Nestle Inn , 145 The Esplanade , WYNNUM QLD 4178 Ph + 617 3396 3214.

ABCDiamond also has a page with accommodation listed his website is http://www.abcdiamond.com.au/info_accommodation.htm , you could try there

Hope this might help.

Regards,
XXXXXXXX
Maybe the ones I suggested are the ones he mentioned as being expensive (although I know Gateway Village & Brisbane Holiday village cabins are only slightly more expensive than we are)?

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jun 25th 2005 at 10:24 am.
Old Jun 25th 2005, 1:15 pm
stevenpoole9

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Yeah thats why I wondered if he had actually got the email or not?

Maybe the ones I suggested are the ones he mentioned as being expensive (although I know Gateway Village & Brisbane Holiday village cabins are only slightly more expensive than we are)?
I did recieve the e-mail but we just wanted to keep our options open as we are still in the position of having to exchange the contracts our house before making the big move. Thanks for the tip about the pool, we hadn't thought about the temprature over there in the winter. What do you mean by freezing anyway? It's summer here and 'er indoors has got a bloody jumper on!!

Old Jun 25th 2005, 1:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I did recieve the e-mail but we just wanted to keep our options open as we are still in the position of having to exchange the contracts our house before making the big move. Thanks for the tip about the pool, we hadn't thought about the temprature over there in the winter. What do you mean by freezing anyway? It's summer here and 'er indoors has got a bloody jumper on!!
Maybe not freezing by UK standards, but not exactly pool weather either - Brisbane is hitting temps or 4 or 5 degrees over night, up to about 18-19 most days at present.
Old Jun 25th 2005, 1:28 pm
stevenpoole9

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Maybe not freezing by UK standards, but not exactly pool weather either - Brisbane is hitting temps or 4 or 5 degrees over night, up to about 18-19 most days at present.
Thats about the same as here right now. great eh!

Old Jun 25th 2005, 11:14 pm
Rocket Scientist

Ahhh glad you did receive it. As Polly says, pretty cool here, single figures at night & late teens through the day. If the pool isnt heated it would be like going in the North Sea I would imagine . Even if its heated my guess is that the heating would struggle to keep it at a temp thats pleasant. Our pool atm is a chilly 20 degrees (thats with the heater on), 29 degrees is what the thermostat is set on. The other main turn off is the getting out of the pool - its pretty cold standing around being wet at this time of year :scared: .

(all this of course from a warmth loving aussie who finds it cold in an unheated pool after the second week of February ).

Make sure you bring some warm clothes!!