Reload this Page >

Help with bringing my dog over to Australia

Help with bringing my dog over to Australia

Old Jan 3rd 2014, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Vernsdownunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with bringing my dog over to Australia

Hi All

We have just moved over to Adelaide, and our family dog went to live with family, however he is missing us dearly and we now want to start the process for him to follow over.

I have contacted Airpets and received bundles of information and I have contacted the local vets near my parents who said they are authorised to complete International vaccinations etc, but I have to tell them at each stage what to do.

Has anyone been through the same who can shed light on the requirements, I dont want to mess it up and delay another six months on top of.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Tracey
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Phoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with bringing my dog over to Australia

The rules for various things have just changed as of last month so luckily if you time things right your dog will only have to spend 10 days in quarantine in AU providing you fulfill all the other criteria. This link will help you: http://www.daff.gov.au/biosecurity/c...sked-questions
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vernsdownunder
Hi All

We have just moved over to Adelaide, and our family dog went to live with family, however he is missing us dearly and we now want to start the process for him to follow over.

I have contacted Airpets and received bundles of information and I have contacted the local vets near my parents who said they are authorised to complete International vaccinations etc, but I have to tell them at each stage what to do.

Has anyone been through the same who can shed light on the requirements, I dont want to mess it up and delay another six months on top of.

Tracey
Well to prepare the pets you need to do the rabies vaccinations and tests which take about six months. Then the pet needs to be up to date with the regular jabs, then when it is time to organise the move I would just hand it over to Petair or whatever. It was pretty straightforward.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:48 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Tracey
Can't help with the dog - we rehomed ours - but thought I'd say hi

How are you settling in?
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Vernsdownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Can't help with the dog - we rehomed ours - but thought I'd say hi

How are you settling in?
Hi

Ours was renamed but it didn't work out, he is unsettled so gone to my parents to await onward shipment.

We are looking forward to getting him over now, just need to save

It has been an emotional, but enjoying what I have seen so far

Thank you for the hi

Tracey
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:59 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Ours was renamed but it didn't work out, he is unsettled so gone to my parents to await onward shipment.

We are looking forward to getting him over now, just need to save

It has been an emotional, but enjoying what I have seen so far

Thank you for the hi

Tracey
Shout if I can be of any help - number 1 babysitter
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 10:11 am
DML
Forum Regular

DML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond repute

A good agent (we used Pet Air) will keep your vets right every step of the way so there aren't any errors, as there is little room for them. Pet Air emailed everything (forms etc) to our vets, checked appts were booked on the right days, followed up results etc. Probably cost a bit more than DIY but if we'd got one thing wrong then it would have cost a hell of a lot more, not to mention the stress. Our two mutts are now happily settled in the outback and seem to be coping with the 40 degree+ days pretty well so far. Good luck :-)