British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Help with Avator (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/help-avator-196974/)

sj oldfield Dec 15th 2003 5:51 pm

Help with Avator

1 Attachment(s)
Can someone please help me to set this as my Avator.

Icant bloody do it!!

Many Thanks

sj oldfield Dec 15th 2003 5:52 pm

Dont think that worked somehow

WBB Dec 15th 2003 5:55 pm

1 Attachment(s)
:D

hope this helps.

sj oldfield Dec 15th 2003 5:56 pm

How did you do that and how can I set is as my Avator. (the reason I want it is because it looks just like me!!)

sj oldfield Dec 15th 2003 6:09 pm

Still cant do it.
now says the file should be GIF or JPG

And..........what the bloodyhell does that mean
Am I THAT thick.
Actually dont answer that

noodle Dec 16th 2003 8:32 am

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Still cant do it.
now says the file should be GIF or JPG

And..........what the bloodyhell does that mean
Am I THAT thick.
Actually dont answer that
I've been having these problems too, apparently it's because I haven't got the right software!

bubcay Dec 17th 2003 10:55 am

Originally posted by noodle
I've been having these problems too, apparently it's because I haven't got the right software!
Open your picture with any picture editing program (many are free of charge). Go to Image -> resize/resample. Set the size to 65 by 65 pixels. Save as a gif file (choose from a drop down list) anywhere on your comp. Then go to your user profile, chose "change avatar" and browse for the saved file. Click "submit modifications" button and you should be OK.

As you see, it worked for me (12:50 to 13:05 hrs).

At least for a while it did, now I will change it back to my original one.

Cheers.

noodle Dec 17th 2003 7:16 pm

Originally posted by bubcay
Open your picture with any picture editing program (many are free of charge). Go to Image -> resize/resample. Set the size to 65 by 65 pixels. Save as a gif file (choose from a drop down list) anywhere on your comp. Then go to your user profile, chose "change avatar" and browse for the saved file. Click "submit modifications" button and you should be OK.

As you see, it worked for me (12:50 to 13:05 hrs).

At least for a while it did, now I will change it back to my original one.

Cheers.

I managed to save one animation as a gif, but from then on it won't let me and only saves them as bit maps. the one I did save as a gif, I tried to save to my profile and it said it wasn't a gif or a zip or something. Anyway, it wouldn't bloody save it. Oh yeah, when I edited it, it stopped moving????

Thanks for the advice anyway

noodle.

scottalison6 Dec 17th 2003 7:27 pm

all getting very technical!!!