Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP - Assessment IEaust

HELP - Assessment IEaust

Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of
Question HELP - Assessment IEaust

Hi,

We are gathering paperwork to send off to Engineers Australia for the Assessment. We are applying as 'Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technologist' (ASCO 2128-15).

We are a little concerned as originally we thought we would have to send off Employer references at this stage - but there is no mention of this on the application form.

Does anybody know if we need to send references off (we don't actually have them yet) or just the certified certificates, and brief CV as mentioned on the application form?

Thanks
KayC
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:38 pm
nail banger

ivanjjordan will become famous soon enoughivanjjordan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: HELP - Assessment IEaust

is that for ur TRA?
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:40 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivanjjordan
is that for ur TRA?
Deosnt seem like alot of info for the TRA. IMO.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:42 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

is that for ur TRA?
We too are waiting on our TRA they should get it tomorow and we just gotta wait :scared:
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:43 pm
nail banger

ivanjjordan will become famous soon enoughivanjjordan will become famous soon enough

we had to everything nearly sent the kitchen sink
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:44 pm
nail banger

hope to get mine nxt week fingers crossed
Old Jul 30th 2006, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of

is that for ur TRA?
No - because we are going for an engineering occupation - we have to apply to Engineers Australia instead of TRA.

I just don't know if we are including all the required information.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 4:07 pm
nail banger

what about usin an agent ?
Old Jul 30th 2006, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

what about usin an agent ?
we were having a go on our own first - although if we find it too hard we may have to do that.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 5:24 pm
nail banger

we used an agent but still found it difficult they want masses of info . you will get most of ur answers on this site there r plenty of people on it good luck .
Old Jul 30th 2006, 6:21 pm
Loving it in SA

Originally Posted by KayC
we were having a go on our own first - although if we find it too hard we may have to do that.
we did all our own, hopefully we should be ok got tonnes of help and advice on here.
Altogether our came to just over 100 pages.

hopefully lots of this next weekend.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 7:42 pm
kjj
Forum Regular

kjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to all

Hello KayC
My husband had his skills assessment done by Engineers Australia. My husband just had to send off certified copies of his qualification certificates and a CV. As you are applying for a technologist assessment, I would imagine that you have an HND and would be assessed under the Sydney accord, so yes, just the certificates and the CV. Make sure that they are certified exactly as stated on the application form. Turn around was quite quick, his took about 4 weeks.
kjj
Hi,

We are gathering paperwork to send off to Engineers Australia for the Assessment. We are applying as 'Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technologist' (ASCO 2128-15).

We are a little concerned as originally we thought we would have to send off Employer references at this stage - but there is no mention of this on the application form.

Does anybody know if we need to send references off (we don't actually have them yet) or just the certified certificates, and brief CV as mentioned on the application form?

Thanks
KayC
Old Jul 30th 2006, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjj
Hello KayC
My husband had his skills assessment done by Engineers Australia. My husband just had to send off certified copies of his qualification certificates and a CV. As you are applying for a technologist assessment, I would imagine that you have an HND and would be assessed under the Sydney accord, so yes, just the certificates and the CV. Make sure that they are certified exactly as stated on the application form. Turn around was quite quick, his took about 4 weeks.
kjj
Thanks kjj. Yes you're right it is Sydney Accord, did you also send a certified copy of the letter from engineers council uk (recognition of qualifications)???

Thanks again
KayC
Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:40 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
KayC
Hi KayC

No, you don't need to send off your references for the IEAUST assessment. If you are going through one of the accord routes, it is simply a matter of sending off the relevant certificates and supporting documentation (transcripts, course results etc etc)

If you are going through the CDR route (as I did), it's still pretty much the same - just add in the career episodes and claiming of the relevant competencies. I was never asked for any supporting references througout the entire process.

The IEAUST process should be nice and easy, and only usually takes a couple of weeks to get a result back from once you have sent it off.

If you need anymore info, then PM me.

S
Old Jul 31st 2006, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi KayC

No, you don't need to send off your references for the IEAUST assessment. If you are going through one of the accord routes, it is simply a matter of sending off the relevant certificates and supporting documentation (transcripts, course results etc etc)

If you are going through the CDR route (as I did), it's still pretty much the same - just add in the career episodes and claiming of the relevant competencies. I was never asked for any supporting references througout the entire process.

The IEAUST process should be nice and easy, and only usually takes a couple of weeks to get a result back from once you have sent it off.

If you need anymore info, then PM me.

S

Thanks Swerv-o,

May be in contact soon with more questions!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.