Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP...Applying to Trade Recognition Association..

HELP...Applying to Trade Recognition Association..

Old Nov 21st 2005, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

sunnyjane is an unknown quantity at this point
Question HELP...Applying to Trade Recognition Association..

HELP Hi everyone..
My husband and I decided some time ago we wanted to migrate to oz with our 2 boys and my daughter from a prev. marriage..then i discovered even though her natural father has no relationship with her i may not be able to take migrate without a residence order in place, so i applied and just got one 3 days ago...but now what do i do?? We are intending on applying under skilled migration as my hubby is a carpenter/joiner, but his training was carried out on-the-job mny moons ago, therefore no actual certificate.

Do we apply to TRA to gain recognition for his skills before anything else?? Has anyone any experience of TRA?
Is it a complicated process?
How long does it take?

Once TRA recognise your skill is the visa app straight forward?

I would love to hear from anyone who can give any help or info?

Thanks for any recommendations.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 4:35 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HELP...Applying to Trade Recognition Association..

You are correct in thinking that you do need to apply for TRA before you can put in your application. Don't worry about your hubby not having certificates. He will need to write a complete idiots guide to his whole career ie: I was taught how to use sandpaper to smooth wood down (I don't do carpentry, obviously!) He will need to make an entire list of every tool he has every used and how you use it. He will need to get detailed references from everybody that he has ever worked for, including a duty statement of what exactly he did in a general week. Don't worry if any of these companies are no longer trading as he can swear a statutory declaration stating the dates he worked for them and what exactly he did, and the fact that they are no longer trading.

If you can show any tax returns, wage slips, that kind of thing will help. Somewhere on the TRA website there is a document that details exactly what they are looking for in each trade. It is a great thing to use as a tick list to ensure you have covered everything they are looking for.

I'm sure there will be chippies on here who will guide you better.

The very best of luck

Anne x
Old Nov 21st 2005, 4:43 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunnyjane
HELP Hi everyone..
My husband and I decided some time ago we wanted to migrate to oz with our 2 boys and my daughter from a prev. marriage..then i discovered even though her natural father has no relationship with her i may not be able to take migrate without a residence order in place, so i applied and just got one 3 days ago...but now what do i do?? We are intending on applying under skilled migration as my hubby is a carpenter/joiner, but his training was carried out on-the-job mny moons ago, therefore no actual certificate.

Do we apply to TRA to gain recognition for his skills before anything else?? Has anyone any experience of TRA?
Is it a complicated process?
How long does it take?

Once TRA recognise your skill is the visa app straight forward?

I would love to hear from anyone who can give any help or info?

Thanks for any recommendations.
Hi yes he needs to pass the TRA, here is a link to FAQ hope they're of some use:

http://www.austimmigration.com.au/pages/faq.htm

You can also get a lot of help and info on the immigration forum.

Good luck

P0ssoms
Old Nov 21st 2005, 4:47 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi yes he needs to pass the TRA, here is a link to FAQ hope they're of some use:

http://www.austimmigration.com.au/pages/faq.htm

You can also get a lot of help and info on the immigration forum.

Good luck

Possoms
P.s when you said his training was done on the job, did he do an apprenticeship? if so will need a stat dec reference from his employer. My partner has all the qualifications but also had to get reference re apprenticeship, hopefully that will be enough for you along side all his years of experience.