Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help!!!! Application Returned

Help!!!! Application Returned

Old Jun 17th 2004, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Help!!!! Application Returned

Help please?
Our application has just been returned for the following reason:

"The visa application charge of AUD $1795:00 must be included in your application"

We don't understand, as we ticked the correct box ( to pay by visa) and gave correct Visa card numbe,r correct expiry date, the only thing missing is we forgot to put in the space provided How much it should be I.E. $1795:00 Could this be the reason?

Any advice please as we need it sorting quickly, as our Medical will now be there before the application is returned.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 3:55 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!!!! Application Returned

Originally posted by Dicko
Help please?

"The visa application charge of AUD $1795:00 must be included in your application"

We don't understand, as we ticked the correct box ( to pay by visa) and gave correct Visa card numbe,r correct expiry date, the only thing missing is we forgot to put in the space provided How much it should be I.E. $1795:00 Could this be the reason?

Any advice please as we need it sorting quickly, as our Medical will now be there before the application is returned.

I suspect it was that missing total - it would have rendered the details invalid if someone else had to fill it in
Old Jun 17th 2004, 3:56 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

yep thats the reason !!! there were some threads about this in the immi forum a few months back, but I cant remember what the solution was. Perhaps you should do a search
Old Jun 17th 2004, 4:20 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Spot on!
They can't charge the visa unless all the details are there, including the amount.

Sounds silly I know, but it's done like that to protect the cardholder. It indemnifies...that's a big word...the cardholder and the 'retailer' against fraud.

Put it in, check all the details are correct and bung it back at them!

Don't worry about the meds, they will marry up eventually.

Dave
Old Jun 17th 2004, 6:40 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Help please?

Mine was returned for exactly the same reason...I hadnt put the 1795 figures in the box...wasted 2 months and £40...but I litterally wrote them in and sent it back...6 weeks later got the letter saying they'd recieved my application..Dont worry..youve just wasted a few weeks and the postage money...no big deal...on the grand scale of things...keep smile-in
Old Jun 17th 2004, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

jac16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could you send it back via a courier rather than royal mail - this may save a couple of days?

Also I would suggest putting a note in it confirming that you have submitted you medicals so they know to look for them
Old Jun 17th 2004, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jac16
Could you send it back via a courier rather than royal mail - this may save a couple of days?

Also I would suggest putting a note in it confirming that you have submitted you medicals so they know to look for them

Thanks,

To be honest Royal Mail proved me wrong, they got it there in 4 days. So I am going to trust them again.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:05 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Help please?

could it also be the case that you have to pay their transaction charges also !
Old Jun 18th 2004, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
could it also be the case that you have to pay their transaction charges also !

Sorry dont get you "transaction charges"