British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Help- anyone taking their parents!" (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/help-anyone-taking-their-parents-107150/)

Grub Sep 2nd 2002 4:10 pm

Help- anyone taking their parents!"

Please help- as some of you know we are taking our mum (60, but very young looking- more stats on request!).
Was wondering if anyone is in a similar position and would like a penfriend in a similar sitaution.

Whilst i adore my mum, i worry she may be a little lonely out there at first (and consequently drive us batty)

Replies gratefully apreciated (especially single eligible guys!)

[email protected] or reply to this site.

Thanks

Nicky
xx

Ginny Sep 2nd 2002 4:16 pm

Re: Help- anyone taking their parents!"

Originally posted by NickyTurner:
Please help- as some of you know we are taking our mum (60, but very young looking- more stats on request!).
Was wondering if anyone is in a similar position and would like a penfriend in a similar sitaution.

Whilst i adore my mum, i worry she may be a little lonely out there at first (and consequently drive us batty)

Replies gratefully apreciated (especially single eligible guys!)

[email protected] or reply to this site.

Thanks

Nicky
xx
Sorry can't help you there. I'd love to take my mum (Hubby may disagree!!) but she can't leave right now. How are you managing to get your mum out? (Is it Oz or NZ?) Would love to know for future.

Thanks Ginny

geehaf Sep 2nd 2002 4:22 pm

I'd like to know too.

Cheers,

Geehaf

Originally posted by Ginny:

Sorry can't help you there. I'd love to take my mum (Hubby may disagree!!) but she can't leave right now. How are you managing to get your mum out? (Is it Oz or NZ?) Would love to know for future.

Thanks Ginny

Grub Sep 2nd 2002 4:23 pm

She has gone on a retirement visa. Balance of family app's have a 17 year waiting list. For the retirement one you need a clean bill of health and finanial security (e.g. pension or lump sum). I am not sure of all the criteria but the HC web site may help. Thankfully mum has a widow's pension and money too. It only took her 6 months so she was ready to go before either me or my sister!!!

Hope that helps.

Nicky
]

Originally posted by Ginny:

Thanks Ginny

susmac Sep 2nd 2002 4:30 pm

Originally posted by NickyTurner:
She has gone on a retirement visa. Balance of family app's have a 17 year waiting list. For the retirement one you need a clean bill of health and finanial security (e.g. pension or lump sum). I am not sure of all the criteria but the HC web site may help. Thankfully mum has a widow's pension and money too. It only took her 6 months so she was ready to go before either me or my sister!!!

Hope that helps.

Nicky
]
Hi Nicky
My mother and father in law both went 7yrs ago and they love it , my mother in law goes to lots of clubs etc and keeps herself busy. where are you planning to go? they are in Brisbane
Susan

ywoods Sep 2nd 2002 5:34 pm

TAKE MY MOTHER *holds head* I am only about able to cope with her booking a 3 week stay!! HAHAHAHHA I love her too but no she is not going to be coming out there... I did inform her that the only way she could go out there was on a parent visa and that was a 45 year wait... I saw something on the lines of that on one of the postings, and wether it be true or not, it works for me!!!

Yvonne :)

12 :eek: days til we leave, 14 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Originally posted by susmac:

Hi Nicky
My mother and father in law both went 7yrs ago and they love it , my mother in law goes to lots of clubs etc and keeps herself busy. where are you planning to go? they are in Brisbane
Susan

Grub Sep 3rd 2002 8:26 am

1. We are going to Perth -so a bit far for a cuppa!

2. Yvonne- I like it- should have tried that one. Sadly cant as my sis is going too and i would end up with a million quid phone bill if we didnt take her! I will bring her round to yours!!

Originally posted by ywoods:
TAKE MY MOTHER *holds head* I am only about able to cope with her booking a 3 week stay!! HAHAHAHHA I love her too but no she is not going to be coming out there... I did inform her that the only way she could go out there was on a parent visa and that was a 45 year wait... I saw something on the lines of that on one of the postings, and wether it be true or not, it works for me!!!

Yvonne :)

12 :eek: days til we leave, 14 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE