Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help anyone know what carina is like

Help anyone know what carina is like

Old Dec 27th 2008, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

geordies4life will become famous soon enoughgeordies4life will become famous soon enough
Default Help anyone know what carina is like

Hi all me nd the family land in brisbane on the 3rd feb we have been looking at rentals in carina was just wondering if anyone had some feedback on the area .
Old Dec 27th 2008, 11:21 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help anyone know what carina is like

Originally Posted by geordies4life
Hi all me nd the family land in brisbane on the 3rd feb we have been looking at rentals in carina was just wondering if anyone had some feedback on the area .
It's OK....not the prettiest area but very varied. Ranges from more modern (but now new) estates bordering Morningside and Cannon Hill to weatherboard older homes in most of the rest of it. There is also the Stellar estate which is fairly new build but quite UK style, large homes on tiny blocks of land. The area is very close to the Carindale shopping centre which would be handy. Fairly easy access to the motorways and there are plenty of buses going that way but not easy access to trains.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by geordies4life
We are just down the road in Carindale!, Carina seems OK to us and our friends live there. Bus service is good 20-25 mins to the city (buses from shopping centre go every 5-10 mins and there is a commuter car park). Swimming pool is OK, good access to motorway for Gold or Sunshine coast. Not sure what the schools are like but could ask around for you. Westfield carindale shopping center is not that great but has most of what you need, the other Westfield is 10 minutes drive away and is a bit more modern. Old Cleavland road is quite busy so you could get quite a bit of noise from it. Lots of options in and out as well if there are any accidents on the roads. Give me a shout if you want any particular streets looked at, more than happy to drive around the area as I need to stop using my sat nav and this would be perfect practice
Tam
Old Dec 27th 2008, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

geordies4life will become famous soon enoughgeordies4life will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TMRE
We are just down the road in Carindale!, Carina seems OK to us and our friends live there. Bus service is good 20-25 mins to the city (buses from shopping centre go every 5-10 mins and there is a commuter car park). Swimming pool is OK, good access to motorway for Gold or Sunshine coast. Not sure what the schools are like but could ask around for you. Westfield carindale shopping center is not that great but has most of what you need, the other Westfield is 10 minutes drive away and is a bit more modern. Old Cleavland road is quite busy so you could get quite a bit of noise from it. Lots of options in and out as well if there are any accidents on the roads. Give me a shout if you want any particular streets looked at, more than happy to drive around the area as I need to stop using my sat nav and this would be perfect practice
Tam
Thanks we have been looking at the links complex getting a bi nervous now as we only have to weeks accommodation when we arrive