help anyone!

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough
Default help anyone!

Hi All
A couple of problems with my computer . The poll that has been running for " how much are you taking "wont let me vote , it says my session is invalid and has timed out ?????? Also when you answer a thread , you get a email every time someone replys yes ??? Well i get a email for everyone !!!! It will say " Hi diane " You have recieved a message from so and so , or " hi micky " etc etc , so i get tons and tons of emails , but i havent answered them and they are not me !!!!!!!!!!! can anyone help ????
Joanne ( yvsie you cant dont try ha ha ha )
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 1:01 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help anyone!

Originally posted by jopaulss:
Hi All
A couple of problems with my computer . The poll that has been running for " how much are you taking "wont let me vote , it says my session is invalid and has timed out ?????? Also when you answer a thread , you get a email every time someone replys yes ??? Well i get a email for everyone !!!! It will say " Hi diane " You have recieved a message from so and so , or " hi micky " etc etc , so i get tons and tons of emails , but i havent answered them and they are not me !!!!!!!!!!! can anyone help ????
i wouldnt try dear...bitch!!

its happened to me a couple of times too....
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by yvsie:

i wouldnt try dear...bitch!!

its happened to me a couple of times too....
Hi Yvsie
Did you vote though ??? It wont let us vote , know we aint got alot but we just get on the board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joanne xxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 1:21 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Yvsie
Did you vote though ??? It wont let us vote , know we aint got alot but we just get on the board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joanne xxxxxxxxx
yep I managed to vote....oops maybe it just doesnt want to know about you??
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

jasmin is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I have noticed I have started getting notifications for all sorts of people. I even received one the other day and it said Hello PB.... Oh my god!!!!

Originally posted by yvsie:

yep I managed to vote....oops maybe it just doesnt want to know about you??
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

micky will become famous soon enoughmicky will become famous soon enough

Hi folks,
Can't help with the voting thingy but can with the other problem.
Click on 'prefrences', then click on 'edit options'. Go to the question - Use'email notification' by default.
Change it to no and voila - no more unwanted emails.

See, the old brain still works abit after all.
OMG, then I cant be having enough cola in my vodka.
That can soon be sorted though

Cheers,
Shona
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 2:00 pm
Retired *********

pread is an unknown quantity at this point

Jasmin,

I've just sent you a PM. I'm guessing you just want to turn off the notifications not intended for you, that you want to keep some of them ?

Cheers,
Paul.

Originally posted by jasmin:
Yes I have noticed I have started getting notifications for all sorts of people. I even received one the other day and it said Hello PB.... Oh my god!!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All
I'll look into the email thing. That obviously isn't right. As for the session timeout. Some ISPs that use proxies cause problems. AOL is an example. You should change these two profile options:

Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies) YES
Browse board with cookies? YES

Let me know if that helps.