Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help! any vets or dog lovers out there? dog now tested +ve erlichia second time, :(

help! any vets or dog lovers out there? dog now tested +ve erlichia second time, :(

Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default help! any vets or dog lovers out there? dog now tested +ve erlichia second time, :(

Thanks to those who took hte time to reply to my miserable post yesterday and sorry for this one now but we've just heard that one of our two lovely cocker spaniels has failed her second erlichia test so devastated.

They were due to fly to syndey quarantine on 5th nov. The otehr dog is fine we can't split them up, this is the first time they've been in kennels. We've told the animal shippers to give the dog more antibiotics and to retest.

Does anyone know of any dog that's passed on their third test. She only had the second test after a week's antibiotics, is this enough?

is there anything else we can do?

we have no one if the unthinkeable happens and she tests positive to rehome her with. So feel like getting on the next plane sorry
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: help! any vets or dog lovers out there? dog now tested +ve erlichia second time, :(

Originally Posted by liver bird
Thanks to those who took hte time to reply to my miserable post yesterday and sorry for this one now but we've just heard that one of our two lovely cocker spaniels has failed her second erlichia test so devastated.

They were due to fly to syndey quarantine on 5th nov. The otehr dog is fine we can't split them up, this is the first time they've been in kennels. We've told the animal shippers to give the dog more antibiotics and to retest.

Does anyone know of any dog that's passed on their third test. She only had the second test after a week's antibiotics, is this enough?

we have no one if the unthinkeable happens and she tests positive to rehome her with. So feel like getting on the next plane sorry

Have pm'd you
Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: help! any vets or dog lovers out there? dog now tested +ve erlichia second time, :(

Oh this is such awful news for you. We have a Cocker and I would have been devastated if I found myself in this situation so I really feel for you.

I honestly cannot help with the testing. Which agent are you using to ship them with? Surely they must have experienced this situation before? I would say they would be my first port of call with the question.

God forbid this situation does not resolve itself but if it doesn't are you a member of Cockersonline? www.cockersonline.co.uk All mad Cocker lovers on there......might be worth a post? Also, the Cocker rescues in your 'old' area I'm sure would be happy to help.

I only offer these as a last solution for you.

Wishing you all the best. Try and keep your chin up, these things are sent to test us I'm sure.

Pipers Mummy
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:04 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help! any vets or dog lovers out there? dog now tested +ve erlichia second time,

Really feeling for you at the moment. There are dogs that have many more tests than 3 to get through so it's not too bad yet. Is it possible to find out how close she is to getting through? If she's just over the limit then it's reasonable to expect her to make it... Maybe just needs a little more time for the anti-biotics to work their magic...! Hang in there...
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

OMG it seems you've got everything going against you at the moment , don't know anything about the test's but we'll keep all our fingers crossed and hopefully the doggies will fly out together very soon.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help! any vets or dog lovers out there? dog now tested +ve erlichia second time,

Originally Posted by Pipers Mummy
Oh this is such awful news for you. We have a Cocker and I would have been devastated if I found myself in this situation so I really feel for you.

I honestly cannot help with the testing. Which agent are you using to ship them with? Surely they must have experienced this situation before? I would say they would be my first port of call with the question.

God forbid this situation does not resolve itself but if it doesn't are you a member of Cockersonline? www.cockersonline.co.uk All mad Cocker lovers on there......might be worth a post? Also, the Cocker rescues in your 'old' area I'm sure would be happy to help.

I only offer these as a last solution for you.

Wishing you all the best. Try and keep your chin up, these things are sent to test us I'm sure.

Pipers Mummy
thanks, we're so upset, were putting her through another test and decideing to keep her litter sister with her (even though she's passed) as the two of them havent' been separated. thanks for that link will go on there and if worst case happense to cocker rescue bloody australia. she hsn't got the disease and she's alovely dog.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rodders39
Really feeling for you at the moment. There are dogs that have many more tests than 3 to get through so it's not too bad yet. Is it possible to find out how close she is to getting through? If she's just over the limit then it's reasonable to expect her to make it... Maybe just needs a little more time for the anti-biotics to work their magic...! Hang in there...
oh thank u thank you do you think there have been ??? we're testing her again she's still one in forty i think which is borderline so shell have another 12 days of antibiotics, have got everything crossed as cant stop crying x
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
OMG it seems you've got everything going against you at the moment , don't know anything about the test's but we'll keep all our fingers crossed and hopefully the doggies will fly out together very soon.
thanks so much x
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:36 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

oh thank u thank you do you think there have been ??? we're testing her again she's still one in forty i think which is borderline so shell have another 12 days of antibiotics, have got everything crossed as cant stop crying x
For sure... But it would be good to know how close she was to passing. I think they just tell you whether it was a positive or negative at the 1 in 40 dilution. You might need to actually ask the question... Stick with it... One of ours only got through on the second test... Much too early for any doom and gloom...!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

I would hope that with her only being borderline that the antibiotics will help. Definitely agree with you, I would keep her Sister with her. Oh what a bloomin' worry for you. Our dog and cats were delayed for one day as BA refused to accept them for the flight (airline issue not our!) and I was distraught!

Fingers crossed and please let us know what happens.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:01 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Im so sorry to hear that as we're also taking our dog with us.I hope your dog manages to pass the next time.Will keep fingers crossed for you.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 9:09 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure this score will be okay afer the re-test, so don't go thinking about rehoming as an option yet. You've got enough on your plate and that kind of thinking will make only make you feel more down.

I'd keep both of them together for now as it will be less stressful for them. If it means that they'll arrive later at Eastern Creek, you know I'll go and see them for you, no problem, once we arrive in Sydney on 4th Dec.

I just feel sure that everything is going to be okay on this, Mandy. So many dogs fail the test and then it comes down after the antibee's. Will keep everything crossed for you while we're waiting to hear.

Nicky
xxx
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 10:16 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

we used golden arrow shippers (absolutley brilliant!), and they told us they had a dog which they had for 6 months, being tested time and time again, until it was okay to travel. our dog failed first time, i was so upset. i really feel for you, especially reading your other post. i know and understand how upsetting it all is now. ask the shippers what they think. i would just keep getting the test done. some dogs show a natural higher level, but it will come down.

get her tested again honey, and we will be able to read about when you went to pick them all up from quarantine.

fingers crossed for the pooch.
xx
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rodders39
For sure... But it would be good to know how close she was to passing. I think they just tell you whether it was a positive or negative at the 1 in 40 dilution. You might need to actually ask the question... Stick with it... One of ours only got through on the second test... Much too early for any doom and gloom...!
thank you, i think ti's still borderline as it's all they'll tell me but it's the same as the last test, we've made the horrible decision to ship her litter sister (who she's never been apart from awful apart from a back op) and just hope that she gets here too. She's started her second course of antibs today and she's being retested on the 13 nov ... feel so sick with fear in case seh can't make it. x
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pipers Mummy
I would hope that with her only being borderline that the antibiotics will help. Definitely agree with you, I would keep her Sister with her. Oh what a bloomin' worry for you. Our dog and cats were delayed for one day as BA refused to accept them for the flight (airline issue not our!) and I was distraught!

Fingers crossed and please let us know what happens.
thank you we've just decided to ship her sister, oh god... i odn't know how they'll cope without each other am jut hoping she'll only be a few weeks behidn her. I've asked our pet shippers and will ring quarantine if we can get her over to delay the first dog's quarantine so they can cuddle together if the other one arrives later (please god)...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.