Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help - am very confused about 457IE visa

Help - am very confused about 457IE visa

Old Nov 29th 2002, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Louiseharris is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Help - am very confused about 457IE visa

My partner and i would like to move to Australia to start a new business - we want out of the rat race here and hope to open a juice bar/coffee shop on the Sunshine Coast (My sister lives in Brisbane). we have looked into a temporary IE visa and have been told by Four Corners that we will get in - they say they have 100% success rate - but it will cost us £8K for them to do all they have to - ie prepare a business plan etc.

However, after speaking to another agent, i am told that as we have no hospitality experience, we may not be successful..... i dont know who to believe..but i know who i want to believe!! At the moment both my partner and myself are employed as managers - me as a lettings manager and my partner a advertising production manager.

Is there anyone out there who has gone through or is going through this process and are starting a business of which they have no prior experience.

Any help would be much appreciated ... we seem to be losing direction!!