Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help! It is all happening too quickly...!

Help! It is all happening too quickly...!

Old Nov 13th 2006, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Matt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud of
Default Help! It is all happening too quickly...!

Hey,
I have heard that time flies when you are having fun.. but i am not having fun, yet time is speeding by...

I have known that i was emigrating to oz since year 7 (i am in year 11 now) and i have always thought, its ok plenty of time left, and i never thought the day will come, but it has in June/ July next year i am going, DEFFINATE! HELP

I do want to go to the country but i think i am just a bit overfaced by it all... My mum even knows what school i am going to and everything.. What am i going to do, i want to spend time with my friends...

Please Help

xxx
Old Nov 13th 2006, 10:51 am
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! It is all happening too quickly...!

Hi Matt,

I know Oz seems like the end of the world, but it's all gonna be okay. Everyone down under is really friendly, and the lifestyle is fantastic. Instead of sitting around 'bored' at the weekend, you'll be struggling to fit in all the things you want to do.

With the internet, you can keep in touch with all of your feinds and what they're doing.

My daughter is upset about leaving all of her friends and family behind, so we've already arranged for 3 of them to come and spend next summer with us (even tho' it will be winter down there).

I'm not suggesting that this will happen for you, but I'm sure your mum will be sympathetic to the fact that you'll miss your friends.

I hope everything goes well for your family with the move. Keep an open mind, and make the most of you time between now and next summer.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

dont worry

we have recently been to oz and by the time you have been there six months, the only thing that will bother you is how to fit so much into your life and that you have wasted so many years in the rain in the uk.

good luck, i doubt you will need it!

Beth
Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Matt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud of

Hey,
Thanks for the advice....

But, i do have trouble fitting things in on the weekends.. i have such a huge social life... And i dont think that it will be the same in oz, as it is here..

And you may think i am going senile, but i kinda like the rain over here, because it give you and your friends a good excuse to mess about, have a laugh and get REALLY dirty...

Anyway, i have been to oz for 5 weeks before now, and i must admit i did enjoy it, but that is because i knew i was going to see my friends that it was just a holiday but this time it is for real... I have also arranged that my friends come over.. But it is not the same...

Anyway thanks again

Matt

xxx
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:11 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Just look on it as an adventure Matt

A challenge even! Put the effort in and you'll soon have a good social life going I'm sure

Good luck