Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help And Advice Appreciated

Wikiposts

Help And Advice Appreciated

Old May 27th 2003, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all
Default Help And Advice Appreciated

Hi,

Hope you can help!

I'm looking for advice on applying for skilled independent migration to Australia. I'm 27, single and like many of us, looking for a less stressful way of life. I've been to Australia before on a 1 year working Visa and have 6 mths work experience there. However as travelling is only a temporary fix I'm now hoping to make a more permanent move.

I have a BA Hons degree in Financial Services which exempts me from certain CIMA (accountancy) exams. This means I'm a part-qualified accountant. However for the last four years I have been working in IT, specifically desktop support. I have no formal qualifications in IT and may consider completing my CIMA exams in the future to become a fully qualified accountant.

I've done a fair amount of research on migration and have several friends who have similar idea's but have never spoken to anyone who has been through this process. I guess my main question is "Am I likely to be successful?"

My "self assessed" points test result came out at about 115 which is just about enough however my main query is specifying my occupation. Would I be better off stating "Part Qualified Accountant" for which I have a degree but am not yet fully Qualified - or IT Technician for which I have 4 years experience but no formal qualifications?

You'd probably say it would be better to complete my exams and apply as a fully qualified accountant. Problem is I find accountancy a little boring which is why I've changed directions. Could I be successfull with what I currently have?

Furthermore am I likely to be just as successfull applying directly or would it be better to use an agent?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Alborg.