Help or Advice

Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice
Default Help or Advice

Been here 2yrs down turn in the construction sector has raised its ugly head here on a 457 visa and to cut a long story short my boss has told to me can I find a new sponsor
still have house in uk I will find it tough raising the funds to ship me gear back as I think it will be very difficult to find a new sponsor in the current cilmate.
Anyone know of cheap shipping comps back to the uk self shipped over but hav'nt got the contacts here.

Nev
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help or Advice

I may be corrected here, but i believe that if you have to return due to you losing your sponsership it is up to the employer to pay the repatriation.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

yes thats correct as far know but its shipping my gear home I'm more concerned about.

Nev
Old Mar 15th 2011, 11:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nevsy
yes thats correct as far know but its shipping my gear home I'm more concerned about.

Nev
I would have thought that repatriation includes repatriating your goods as well.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 11:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Been here 2yrs down turn in the construction sector has raised its ugly head here on a 457 visa and to cut a long story short my boss has told to me can I find a new sponsor
still have house in uk I will find it tough raising the funds to ship me gear back as I think it will be very difficult to find a new sponsor in the current cilmate.
Anyone know of cheap shipping comps back to the uk self shipped over but hav'nt got the contacts here.

Nev
Have a look at the Moving Back to the UK forum - several people in there who have moved back recently and there are a lot of threads on shipping.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 2:03 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I would have thought that repatriation includes repatriating your goods as well.

Any time I've been repatriated, its included my household goods as well.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 2:05 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Nev
Where are you located? What type of construction job do you do? Could you find a new sponsor in another state?

WA perhaps?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 2:14 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Another person today said they might head home after a redundancy. The jobs market doesn't seem to be that flash at the moment.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
Where are you located? What type of construction job do you do? Could you find a new sponsor in another state?

WA perhaps?
Glass and Glazing mostly commercial office blocks shopping ctrs etc no one is doing much everyone is undercutting eachother and the really big companies are literally buying jobs to get the work.The mob I work for have let over 50 go in last 12mths
Old Mar 16th 2011, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Weebie
Another person today said they might head home after a redundancy. The jobs market doesn't seem to be that flash at the moment.
If you want to work for buttons you may get a job but even then they are few and far between
Old Mar 16th 2011, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids

WA perhaps?
SE QLD not shifting states sorry if I move it will be home to UK can't risk losing my house back home
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:52 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

SE QLD not shifting states sorry if I move it will be home to UK can't risk losing my house back home

Fair enough. You have to do what you think is right for you and your family. Good luck with the move back. Sorry I cant help with your question about cheap shipping companies,
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

edmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of light

The employer is only responsible to DIAC to get you physically out of the country, ie provide a one way ticket - nothing to do with your belongings. I'd still try and find a new job/sponsor, you may get some sympathy out there. Good luck.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by edmontron
The employer is only responsible to DIAC to get you physically out of the country, ie provide a one way ticket - nothing to do with your belongings. I'd still try and find a new job/sponsor, you may get some sympathy out there. Good luck.
Have rang around a few companies everyone is quite so not much chance of a sponsor