British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   help about Perth please? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/help-about-perth-please-425856/)

Exile Feb 13th 2007 8:52 am

Re: help about Perth please?

Originally Posted by bridie (Post 4396759)
Oh dear, wrong time of the month is it? :blink:

If you'd ever built with BGC you'd understand.

bridie Feb 13th 2007 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Exile (Post 4396769)
If you'd ever built with BGC you'd understand.

Ah, BGC builders, gotcha! :thumbup:

Sorry, you completely lost me for a minute there... doesnt take much these days.... :blink:

Exile Feb 13th 2007 9:05 am

Originally Posted by bridie (Post 4396773)
Ah, BGC builders, gotcha! :thumbup:

Sorry, you completely lost me for a minute there... doesnt take much these days.... :blink:

Yeah, a two and a half year nightmare. They bring whole new meaning to the words incompetent, deceitful, lazy, useless, arrogant, criminal, b*stards.

But as you can tell, I'm not really bitter.

If anyone is building in Perth, BCG includes National, Commodore, and a few others.

Now if I can just find an outlet for this unresolved aggression....

aston man Feb 13th 2007 9:16 am

just shows you something that has brought me pleasure has brought you pain..sorry

ast

Exile Feb 13th 2007 9:20 am

Originally Posted by aston man (Post 4396845)
just shows you something that has brought me pleasure has brought you pain..sorry

ast

No problem, you weren't to know!

I'll be fine after some more therapy:)

bridie Feb 13th 2007 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Exile (Post 4396805)
Yeah, a two and a half year nightmare. They bring whole new meaning to the words incompetent, deceitful, lazy, useless, arrogant, criminal, b*stards.

Yes, I know someone who used to work for them..... they said pretty much the same!! :o

mbike Feb 13th 2007 10:45 am

Originally Posted by bluenose27 (Post 4390348)
Hi there,

Me and my partner are coming to Perth in November, but are a little confused as to what would be the best area to live in. My boyfriend is a qualified carpenter and I am a journalist, but will be pursuing other areas of employment. We will be looking to rent somewhere that is relatively cheap and in a resonable distance to the City?

Any help would be appreicated,

Cheers,

Jen
x

The only people who want to live near the city here are people who work there. Areas a young-ish couple might like are Leederville, Subiaco and Mt Lawley. All are quite expensive to rent in. For living inexpensively near to Leederville and Subi, try rents around Herdsman in Wembley (v.cheap, lots of units, bit rough (by Perth standards). For Mt Lawley, try Maylands or Bayswater (train ride).
Freo is great if you're prepared to travel.

Mark