Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help about Perth please?

help about Perth please?

Old Feb 11th 2007, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all
Default help about Perth please?

Hi there,

Me and my partner are coming to Perth in November, but are a little confused as to what would be the best area to live in. My boyfriend is a qualified carpenter and I am a journalist, but will be pursuing other areas of employment. We will be looking to rent somewhere that is relatively cheap and in a resonable distance to the City?

Any help would be appreicated,

Cheers,

Jen
x
Old Feb 11th 2007, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all
Default Re: help about Perth please?

Hello,

I will be coming over to Perth in November on a Working Holiday Visa and will be seekng employment with a hope to secure a permanent job. Can I ask how easy it is to secure work when I get over here on the visa that I have?

Thanks,

Jen
Old Feb 11th 2007, 5:12 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

My god............is it me, or is this a carbon copy of about a million other posts like this lately?

No offence guys, but you need to suss out what you want from life, whats important to you and yours.......and then, at the very least, try and identify areas based on these factors.

It is impossible for other people to tell you where to live - we are all different with different ideals!

Once you have identified some suburbs, BE has a GREAT search facility that will show you about a billion threads with lots of information about the suburbs you think might suit you!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 5:13 pm

Last edited by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer; Feb 11th 2007 at 5:14 pm. Reason: Duplicated!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:37 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Haha Fluffy, I was just thinking the same thing
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:58 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bluenose27
Hi there,

Me and my partner are coming to Perth in November, but are a little confused as to what would be the best area to live in. My boyfriend is a qualified carpenter and I am a journalist, but will be pursuing other areas of employment. We will be looking to rent somewhere that is relatively cheap and in a resonable distance to the City?

Cheers,

Jen
x

If you want cheap and close to the city try Glendalough, Wembley, Leederville, South Perth, Northbridge. Scarborough is nice if you want to be near the ocean. These are quite nice areas but there are some small little units/apartments (1 bedroom) that are often available.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:29 am
bru
Forum Regular

bru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to behold

Hi there,

Cheers,

Jen
x

Relatively cheap...! I am not sure.. Just try to live within 10KM distance to Perth.
Finding jobs here is easy if you have a certification. WA does not have people to work, but they also do not want anyone to work without having a certification.
To cut the hair, you need a certificate!! to make sandwiches you need a certificate here!!
So get your certificates ready and check them with whatever govt body here before you come. Most of the systems here are set towards "Not to work" than "Making people work". That is my opinion though!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:16 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Does anybody actually realise the size of Perth and how many different subburbs there are, its absolutely huge!!!!
It may look tiny on a map but getting from one side of the metro area to the other takes well over an hour driving freeways doing 100kph, its huge!!!!!
So in reality it all depends where you get a job as to where you end up living.
Perth is vast, has lots of different areas and obviously there is then how far inland do you want to go? Beach is great but expensive and lets face it getting sand blasted all through winter really does have its down sides as does living further inland as it can be a good 5degrees hotter and colder in winter.
So wait until you arrive, rent for a while, get a job and when you are settled then consider narrowing down your subburb list.
Jenny
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

good advice sjensteve not like some or the sarcastic so and so's that have replied

cheers

Paul
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

you too denver

cheers
Old Feb 13th 2007, 5:02 am

good advice sjensteve not like some or the sarcastic so and so's that have replied

cheers

Paul
Far from sarcastic - I was actually trying to help!
Old Feb 13th 2007, 6:16 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Far from sarcastic - I was actually trying to help!

fluffy was trying to help,there is far to much negativity about at the moment...

just jump on a plane,make sure you have got a return open ended ticket and if you by a billion to one chance you dont like it,,,,,,come home...

perths great,,,jump in and see..

ast

Last edited by aston man; Feb 13th 2007 at 6:20 am.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 6:29 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
f
I wouldn't, there's been bullsharks spotted in the river recently - one was seen killing a pelican the other day.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

When I look at that bloody great BGC sign in your photo it makes me want to blast the whole of that antiseptic dentist's waiting room of a city to pieces with large calibre uranium-tipped shells.

Originally Posted by aston man
fluffy was trying to help,there is far to much negativity about at the moment...

just jump on a plane,make sure you have got a return open ended ticket and if you by a billion to one chance you dont like it,,,,,,come home...

ast

Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Exile
When I look at that bloody great BGC sign in your photo it makes me want to blast the whole of that antiseptic dentist's waiting room of a city to pieces with large calibre uranium-tipped shells.
Oh dear, wrong time of the month is it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.