Help

Old May 20th 2008, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice
Default Help

Hi

Living in NZ at the moment. Not come up to what we really wanted in life. Lovely place but wages are to low for the price of living. Have decided a move to OZ is the next move, as we do not want to go back to the UK and many people we know are moving on.
Has any one else done this and how did it compare to you, living in both countries? Have heard OZ is a lot more advanced, better shopping (Clothes), better housing. Is that true.
Our trouble is we dont know where to begin. What part to move to. Our first thought is Queensland. Have been told is is amazing and plenty of work there.
God so many questions I will need answering but will start here.

Thanks for any replies

Julie
Old May 20th 2008, 6:25 pm
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Help

Originally Posted by Steve and Julie
Hi

Living in NZ at the moment. Not come up to what we really wanted in life. Lovely place but wages are to low for the price of living. Have decided a move to OZ is the next move, as we do not want to go back to the UK and many people we know are moving on.
Has any one else done this and how did it compare to you, living in both countries? Have heard OZ is a lot more advanced, better shopping (Clothes), better housing. Is that true.
Our trouble is we dont know where to begin. What part to move to. Our first thought is Queensland. Have been told is is amazing and plenty of work there.

Thanks for any replies

Julie
Would you not consider a brief holiday to make your mind up? Australia is amazing - but of course i'm biased and havent been to NZ so cant really make the comparison for you. How you do it would depend on your circumstances and what visa you could ultimately apply for - are you NZ citizens?
Hope someone else can be of more assistance!
Good Luck!
Old May 20th 2008, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

badabing14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks for any replies

Julie
Hi,
Was in contact with you before about FH.
My friend just got back home from travelling and he said NZ was beautiful but very quiet and he found Perth booming, he is a civil engineer and said it was the spot also cost of living was on a par with NZ only wages were higher. Thinking of Perth now myself but a long way to go yet have not got the points.

kev
Old May 21st 2008, 4:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks for any replies

Julie
Remember that one person's amazing can be another person's hellhole.
I'd definitely visit first.
Old May 21st 2008, 4:32 am
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Hi Julie

I have just come back to NZ for a holiday after 6 years in UK and will be shortly heading over to Brisbane. As far as I have managed to suss out, the cost of living in Australia is about the same if not higher. Alcohol seems to be alot cheaper over here, food hasnt gone up as much as I was expecting in the 11 years since I left NZ. I personally don't think you will find Australia much better but...it comes down to the fact that if you move to a big city, then you probably will find the wages higher to compensate, otherwise to move to a similiar sized place as Tauranga, you might struggle (just my opinion).

I still think both places are personally alot better than UK!

I think that if you are happy with a similar cost of living but want a but more oomph, then Aussie might be a good move. Don't think I come move back to NZ - it's fabulous for me to visit, but I am sure I would get bored.

Good luck
Old May 21st 2008, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

achanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really nice

Hi

Thanks for any replies

Julie
I would make a list of what you do want out of life. Write down everything, why you want it and how it will benefit you, and then start looking at places that tick the boxes. Now you've got the experience of NZ you have a better idea about things. This gives you a good start at finding the best destination for you.
Good luck
Old May 21st 2008, 5:48 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by achanginglife
I would make a list of what you do want out of life. Write down everything, why you want it and how it will benefit you, and then start looking at places that tick the boxes. Now you've got the experience of NZ you have a better idea about things. This gives you a good start at finding the best destination for you.
Good luck
Deja vu?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=537686
Old May 21st 2008, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice

Thanks for all your replies. We are going to have a holiday in Brisbane next month, so will be able to compare both countries then.
Old May 24th 2008, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

achanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really nice

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Oooops, must be going senile. . glad someone is taking notice of my posts